Milwaukee Warranty?

RickyMcGrath

I recently sent in a m18 fuel sawzall for a repair. It is supposed to be the best cordless sawzall Milwaukee makes. I will be honest I am a master electrician and yes I use it for work, I don’t use often or beat it up. This is the second time I have sent my sawzall back both times without and warning the trigger stoped working and the light blinks. With the first repair the tool was replaced with no questions, this time I received an email saying it’s not. The tool is not that old and hasn’t been abused. They told me it’s not a defect and it will be $170 to repair the trigger. I am extremely disappointed, I have had a corded version of this saw for 15 years without any trouble but the chord-less one has been disappointing at best. Has anyone else had trouble with Milwaukee filings a claim? I have 2 drills, 2 drivers, lights,  circular saw, oscillating saw, grinder, SDS drill, propress. I would have a difficult time buying another Milwaukee tool if this is how they handle my warranty claim. Like so many, I use these tools to make my living. I do not buy cheap tools, when I have something broken and it needs to be repaired it affects my business. It’s bad enough I have to go without this tool, it’s worse when they will not honor their own warranty. I have called to fallow up on this and I got a recording. 

• 1 year later...

I had mostly excellent service from Milwaukee. That's why we've been buying them exclusively.

However my last experience was disappointing. A not old Fuel sawsall just stopped. I sent it in to the eservice location and waited. After a month I called.

I was told it was just put in for service.

The next day I was told not under warranty.

No explanation give.

The website is not easy to use and I get an something went wrong message.

I had to call just to get another email to pay for repairs.

Milwaukee is the worst to deal with for warranty items.  I purchased a brand new switch tank and the tank leaked from day 1.  For switch tanks you can't just take it to their local repair site.  I sent it in as per their request after discussing how it leaked.  I got it back a few weeks later with a repair list of replacing the switch and the control knob.  Neither of which have anything to do with the tank leaking.  The note on the repair stated "looked worn".  It was brand spanking new!

So I did the return rebuy thing and the 2nd one leaks....Now I have gotten rid of the box due to wife cleaning out garage.  So sending it is is gonna be a pain.  Found the leak underneath were the pump is located inside the molded tank cavity.  Sure enough there is a crack in there.

On 2/17/2016 at 7:22 PM, JRS5565 said:

Dewalt also returns tools in pieces if you pass on a repair. I had a recip returned under warranty coverage rejected because of water damage. I do not think I had more then 12 months on the recip and that claim of water damage was bs.

DeWalt didn't ask much of any questions on a rolling toolbox repair I called in about.  It was their large one.  They just sent a new one straight away.  It has a "Limited Lifetime Warranty".  Dunno if that is the difference or not.

• Like 1