(Another) New 18v Drill

TheMarauder

Specs:

0-600/0-1900 rpm

1/2 inch chuck size

3.7 pounds

Length of 0.56

Height of 0.8     (it be tiny :D)

I think the most important spec that I can see is that sticker that says brushless (woot)

I converted most of these measurements into Imperial standards but if you want to see them for yourself, here you go.

http://www.bosch-professional.com/gb/en/gsr-18-v-ec-39071-ocs-p/

Bosch, for whatever reason, is not overly popular in my neck of the woods. Which amazes me as I have several Bosch tools which are industry leading tools, the IDH182, MXH181, wireless induction charging....very happy with my Bosch tools. And my heated jackets. They have been keeping my wife and I warm all year. That brushless heavy duty hammer is on my list. I hope they include active response technology in it. Absolutely fantastic technology.

• Like 1

I love my Bosch tools but recently purchased the makita brushless hammer drill and impact combo. Bosch's lack of bringing things to market basically made me supplement with makita for tools not offered by Bosch. I haven't used them yet so I could still return them but with the added battery platform I can get the tools not offered by Bosch.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Bosch, for whatever reason, is not overly popular in my neck of the woods. Which amazes me as I have several Bosch tools which are industry leading tools, the IDH182, MXH181, wireless induction charging....very happy with my Bosch tools. And my heated jackets. They have been keeping my wife and I warm all year. That brushless heavy duty hammer is on my list. I hope they include active response technology in it. Absolutely fantastic technology.

Funny how people have different opinions of tools :D   For me the IDH182 tries to be 2 things at once and fails at both Imho. It's a slow speed, heavy and bulky impact. And at thesame time it's a gutless impact wrench.

And the wireless charging is cool but also only interesting for people who are constantly near their charger.  Only a limited part of bosch's Clientele would be better of with this inductive charging. For moest people/trades it's just an slow ass charger ( double as slow as bosch's normal charger ) and more heavy weight / bulkier battery pakcs.

Granted: for people who use their tools always in thesame spot ( i'm thinking repair people in a shop for example ) it's a very good system.

I'd just rather have had that Bosch would have put some more time into updating their cordless line :)

53 minutes ago, kornomaniac said:

Funny how people have different opinions of tools :D   For me the IDH182 tries to be 2 things at once and fails at both Imho. It's a slow speed, heavy and bulky impact. And at thesame time it's a gutless impact wrench.

I think that's a little harsh. I agree its a little larger than most impact drivers, and the larger chuck with 2-handed bit change is not as good.

However on the positive, the grip/handle is second to none. And you have the flexibility of the hybrid AND it is very quiet for a regular impact driver. 

Sorry Kornomaniac, I don't agree with you dude. I've had the IDH182 and although I feel the 1/4 chuck is not a great design, you have to use long shank bits otherwise they get stuck, the tool has served me quite well for over a year. As far as the wireless chargers, I was using my Bosch tools right out of the charger this afternoon most notably the MXH. Now I don't work in the trades as you do but I would think having the option to have a built in charging system, and cradle in your work truck would be of great benefit but that's the cool thing about this forum...we all have opinions!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Sorry Kornomaniac, I don't agree with you dude. I've had the ODH182 and although I feel the 1/4 chuck is not a great design, you have to use long shank bits otherwise they get stuck, the tool has served me quite well for over a year. As far as the wireless chargers, I was using my Bosch tools right out of the charger this afternoon most notably the MXH. Now I don't work in the trades as you do but I would think having the option to have a built in charging system, and cradle in your work truck would be of great benefit but that's the cool thing about this forum...we all have opinions!

And they're not worth anything, that's why we give them out for free!

• Like 2

On 2/25/2016 at 0:55 AM, ChrisK said:

Sorry Kornomaniac, I don't agree with you dude. I've had the IDH182 and although I feel the 1/4 chuck is not a great design, you have to use long shank bits otherwise they get stuck, the tool has served me quite well for over a year. As far as the wireless chargers, I was using my Bosch tools right out of the charger this afternoon most notably the MXH. Now I don't work in the trades as you do but I would think having the option to have a built in charging system, and cradle in your work truck would be of great benefit but that's the cool thing about this forum...we all have opinions!

Dont have too say sorry man :D   I'm i'm not in the trades :D Far from !    I'm a salesman in a professional store.    So i kinda get opinions from all kinds of different people :) For some people the wireless charging is godsent. For others it's a more expensive slow charger. Depends on how you need it of course like everything :D

On 2/25/2016 at 11:29 PM, dwain said:

I think that's a little harsh. I agree its a little larger than most impact drivers, and the larger chuck with 2-handed bit change is not as good.

However on the positive, the grip/handle is second to none. And you have the flexibility of the hybrid AND it is very quiet for a regular impact driver. 

In belgium all bit holders need 2 hands :P    I just found out like a week ago soemthing like a ' 1 handed bit change chuck" exists on impact drivers :D   How cool is that. Hahaha

• Like 1