Hilti Warranty Changes

HiltiWpg

27 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Maybe they're thinking that by 20 years into a tool it's time to upgrade it

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they also know they way tech is going your going to upgrade 4 times over before that 20 years is up so the 20 yr warranty is moot really.....

• Like 1

thing is I'm wondering how much of the cost of the tools up front are built into the warranty program, for example you can buy a $990 TV and it is covered for 1 yr then add another $150+ for 2 more yr coverage, is there a certain % added to the tool cost where you want it or not. this just eliminates the question should 
I buy extended warranty or not .....in saying that for example a tool cost $400 and 12% of that cost is included for 20 yr warranty that would be a possible up front cost of $48 plus taxes that may never be even needed.......

I guarantee that return / warranty rate is built in to the pricing model for every tool manufacturer. The business end of things knows approximately how much they'll spend to replace defective tools and decides just how much quality the market will pay for. There are very few, if any, companies that make products with the absolute highest quality that they know how too create simply because of the cost involved in setting extremely tight tolerances and the effect on delivery timetables and the all important bottom line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk