New interesting looking recip saws

NicholasShetley

Stuart from toolguyd posted an article on some new Bosch recip saws. One is an 18v and the other is corded. The corded one has a 1600 watt motor and has a nearly 12 inch wood cutting capacity. They also contain a counter weight in the gearbox for reduced vibration as well. They are to be released in September in Europe. No word on a USA release yet.http://toolguyd.com/bosch-ergonomic-cordless-corded-reciprocating-saws/?utm_source=post&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=next-posts

I'm not crazy about the looks, but being pretty isn't really what tools are for I guess. Would have been nice to have one to try out while I was tearing my bathroom apart.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

With the battery forward, the balance might be worse than a normal saw.  It's definitely different, but I don't see it being more comfortable than a normal design even in odd positions.  Hilti got it right years ago, why not just copy them 

61hYZnJQotL._SX522_.jpg

That is one of the most comfortable saws to use, but it's big.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't mean to sound rude here but that thing looks like a childs toy. Matel made, Matel designed, for the little tyke that could.

I don't mean to sound rude here but that thing looks like a childs toy. Matel made, Matel designed, for the little tyke that could.

Use it, you'll understand the ergonomics.

The standard long format makes it easy to get fatigued and promotes an awkward stance. Having the blade much closer to your support hand makes it easier to control and maneuver.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, HiltiWpg said:

Use it, you'll understand the ergonomics.

The standard long format makes it easy to get fatigued and promotes an awkward stance. Having the blade much closer to your support hand makes it easier to control and maneuver.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I can see that, using the short Milwaukee over the long one makes a difference.....

• 2 months later...