Are Bosch falling behind the rest?

wayneburgess

Wow, a cordless Orbital Sander, Cordless Plate Joiner, and a motorized Bicycle. Dan and Eric could do a whole article about shit Makita doesn't sell in the US. There's something odd about Asain people being used in power tool adds. Why is that?

Wow, a cordless Orbital Sander, Cordless Plate Joiner, and a motorized Bicycle. Dan and Eric could do a whole article about shit Makita doesn't sell in the US. There's something odd about Asain people being used in power tool adds. Why is that?

I'm really surprised there isn't more of a grey market for tools like there is for electronics, the cordless tools use the same batteries.

You do know that Bosch does the same thing in Germany. They actually have two lines there, a line of green colored tools for the DIY crowd and the blue colored line that we are more familiar with. They even have a gardening line

Kind of makes me wish we had an American company doing the same thing.....

If I was in the U.S I would buy a generator that has a 240v outlet and use tools from both sides of the pond. :)

I have seen plug in converters, your right in suggesting a generator as the cheaper option. It would seem most of our battery chargers will charge foreign batteries, luckily. Saving my pennies for that new Protools PDC 18-4 LI set.

I've got a feeling 2013 will be all about Bosch. I'm thinking a brushless line with a few new tools in the mix as well.

I'm hoping that they bring in some of there Euro tools, I would love to see their tracksaws here. I'm looking foward to seeing more of the L-Boxx line here as well. Maybe Sortimo will get there act together and start retailing here to go along with Bosch selling their products.

They need to do something. The only real buzz they've generated lately was over that "work wear". Their new tile saw looks nice.

Bosch has been releasing new accessories fairly regularly, some of them have been pretty good, like their Daredevil circular saw blades and their SDS bits with the solid carbide tips. They also have a line of production tools that has had a bunch of new tools released fairly recently.

Bosch has always struck me as a conservative tool company. They don't always jump on cutting edge technology, but then again, they never really have any tools that perform poorly or that would be considered failures. They always have solid dependable tools and a lot of times that is better than hanging out on the bleeding edge of the latest technology. I know I'm not finishing any jobs if my latest wiz bang tool is broken in pieces on the floor, even if it was the latest greatest thing.

That is one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time, yet so simplistic. It would have been nice to see it with a 3/8 anvil but that wouldn't allow much side wall for strength.

That was my first thought as well, I usually prefer 3/8 drive for 18v tools because the sockets are usually thinner walled and able to fit into tighter spaces. It's not like I would be using it to bust loose lug nuts. I know I will be giving Bosch a close look when it comes time to upgrade to a newer 18v set, as long as they loose that funky angled handle on their hammerdrill.

Bosch are set up for the European Building trade at heart I think.

Many of the features suit the type of fixings we use,and the way we build this side of the pond.

I wonder sometimes if maybe that means the tools of Metabo who are set up more for metal working,and Bosch,because of this do not transfer quite as readily to the U.S market.

Bosch are set up for the European Building trade at heart I think.

Many of the features suit the type of fixings we use,and the way we build this side of the pond.

I wonder sometimes if maybe that means the tools of Metabo who are set up more for metal working,and Bosch,because of this do not transfer quite as readily to the U.S market.

Bosch tools are very common here in the states. Their roto hammers are probably the most commonly used, I see them on just about every jobsite. Metabo on the other hand are fairly rare. Our large retailers just don't normally carry them. Advertising, I'm sure plays a large part in this. Stanley Black & Decker and all their brands are the only ones we are likely to come across advertisements for unless we are looking in trade or hobby type media, and even then Stanley Black & Decker rules the roost.

With all the differing types of construction here in the sates, I don't doubt that there is a lot of crossover in building techniques. I would hazard a guess that even though our residential construction style is different, our commercial building styles will have a lot in common.