Lowes poor customer Service

JimboS1ice

So I ran in lowes for a few things tonight, and one of them was a smaller piece of plywood from their precut panel section. Usually I get these from HD or Menards, but k figured I was by a Lowes so why not. So I carry my stuff to the register and all is going well until I hand the lady the plywood. So she proceeds to rudely ask me where I got this with an attitude, so as calm as I could I told her from the pre cut lane, section. Everything there has a price tag already. So she tells me i have to go back to lumber to get it priced. So this set me off so I tell her forget it I don't want it. She ignores me and the other attendant walks over and starts talking about getting a price, so again I saw a little louder and more annoyed, "I don't want it." Didn't do any good...

Now border line irate I saw with force, "Forget it, I'll get it at Home Depot." So a little taken aback they finished checking my 1 other item out and pissed off I marched muttering swear woods out the door.

So why have stuff I need to get a price tag for in a self service aisle?

Needless to say this proves to me why I'm not a big lowes fan to begin with. There might be another threaded somewhere with lowes gripes if this needs to be merged.

HERUMF!!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hope you feel better. Lowes is in two cities close by me. I don't expect stellar service from them, but no one had had attitudes either. I know the store enough that I know who to have check out if I have something a little different. Its a counter near the building supplies and the checkout person has a folder with all the different items to cross reference if there's any question. I really need to start going to menards again, they have better lumber selection anyways. Although I almost always get that from my local lumber yard instead. Its just hard to do so when they close at 4:30 and I don't get off work until after that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I never have issues at HD or Menards and if I ever have at HD they've been resolved very quickly. I bought my dad a ridgid drill and the tag said 129, rang up 169, told the cashier and she fixed it right away didn't even go check. That's the stuff that keeps me coming back, at least at my HD anyone I've ever talked to has been more than willing to help me out and make things easy.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Argh man I don't have HD around here anymore they up and closed their doors! I'm going to go to bowling green one of these days just for a bit of nostalgia if nothing else haha... then drool over their tool displays. ...

See I was right between the two stores and frequented both cities regularly. ....

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/stories/2008/04/28/daily32.html

That sums up my view on Lowes also. I tried returning one of those Rockwell 3drill tools and couldn't just return it no questions asked. They had to bring a guy over from 'Tool World' to 'clear it up' with me. I told him I would come back when I had time and get the dewalt 12v set at the time. I felt very pressured to have to explain myself over and over just to return some POS that I hated. Why the hell do I need to say anything other than 'I hate this tool, I want me money back - here is the receipt'. One day I went in there with a Bostitch staple gun I bought a week ago that stopped firing, again, lots of trouble just to exchange it. I even got to the point I said I would just toss it in the trash and go by another brand elsewhere. I get the impression that they try to run a tight ship, but way to tight to make shopping there enjoyable. ...their clearance items are always laughably like $2 bucks off retail LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's ridiculous, bad on them.

I've never bought a power tool from Lowe's or other box stores around here. I've only purchase supplies from them in the past. 

Their "Tool World" is more like "Tool Den" and it has some stuff, but there's so much I could have bought from them if they had it, instead, I went online and purchased a bunch. 

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Hope you feel better. Lowes is in two cities close by me. I don't expect stellar service from them, but no one had had attitudes either. I know the store enough that I know who to have check out if I have something a little different. Its a counter near the building supplies and the checkout person has a folder with all the different items to cross reference if there's any question. I really need to start going to menards again, they have better lumber selection anyways. Although I almost always get that from my local lumber yard instead. Its just hard to do so when they close at 4:30 and I don't get off work until after that.

54 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

I never have issues at HD or Menards and if I ever have at HD they've been resolved very quickly. I bought my dad a ridgid drill and the tag said 129, rang up 169, told the cashier and she fixed it right away didn't even go check. That's the stuff that keeps me coming back, at least at my HD anyone I've ever talked to has been more than willing to help me out and make things easy.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hear hear. Lumber yards, wherefore art thou anymore. Oh, how I wish Menards would open a store here in North Texas. Their in-store selection of lumber and building materials is enough to win me over. HD associates in my area are some of the best in the business, but HD does a poor job of coordinating their inventory with their website. Items are discontinued, sometimes seemingly at random, and you'll never know for weeks on end. They'll just remove the price and pick-up options and say nothing more, leaving you hanging. For example, LP Smartside lap siding in the 12" x 16' size:

bandicam 2016-03-12 23-19-31-674.jpg

Sad thing is I have had issues like this one time or another at just about every store I go to, including HD, Lowes, Menards.. etc, BUT do you know what stores I don't have this happen, my locally owned lumber yard, locally owned woodworking store, and MOST important, my local Beef Jerky store lol..

• Like 3

I deal with a lot of different stores at work. The best ones are the ones owned by the guys working at the desk. They all know you by name and shoot the breeze with you while you're buying stuff. They aren't concerned about their manager getting pissed off about what they say to customers either so they have no problem flipping you shit. Almost every chain store and even the locally owned stores with multiple guys will end up hiring people that you just can't tolerate. I had to walk through the whole store to find an employee at Lowes who was willing to get a Hitachi roofing nailer down from the overhead storage for me. They are the only places with Hitachi's though and Bostitch guns aren't a reasonable option. I have the same problems at HD too. The problem isn't with the company, but with individual store managers. You can have a completely different experience at stores just a town apart. I stick to HD because they have better tool selection.