2604 M18 Fuel is dead

Dmitry

Hi there !

I had an issue with my Milwaukee M18 Fuel 2604

From time to time it's not in operation.
When you plug battery it works as it shoul - but if you leave it for a while - this is completely dead.
Rotate chuch or move switches, shake tool  will not help.  One moment - when it hot tool will likely work longer with no issues. But when it's cold it will have highter chances to stop working.
Only one solution to back his to work - to switch battery. I tried with different battaries - same issue.
Cleaned all relevant contacts outside and inside with toothbrush. Use spirit to clean all I can touch with no luck.

Anywone had same issue or idea how to fix?

I have 5 m18 batteries, I tested and understand - it not the case.
I assume issue with tool.
I found some notes from users that it could be possible issue with "motherboard"  weak electric contact. But not possible to check because it covered with strong compound. I would say - no repair possible in this case. But not sure if that is the case.

Warranty topic is a bit difficult to go. Tool is quite far away from US. Cost for delivery  to pickup point and back could eat any profit.
So that's why I asking if anyone has same problem.

p.s cold weather is it's not a strong minus. It's just below normal room temperature.

no warranty service in your area? talk to Milwaukee explain not worth buying any more products due to not having warranty or not worth having maybe they will just send you one...

It sounds like he might have imported tools from the USA to another country. If that is the case warranty assistance is going to be tough. Like every one mentioned its probably something that went wrong with the electronics.

1 hour ago, DR99 said:

It sounds like he might have imported tools from the USA to another country. If that is the case warranty assistance is going to be tough. Like every one mentioned its probably something that went wrong with the electronics.

That's correct  - in my area worldwide warranty is not available.

I have 10 Milwaukee tools and I am quite happy with it. I am concerned only about this case - but it will be good reason to upgrade it to gen2 models.

In any case if anyone knows solution please share.

14 minutes ago, DR99 said:

You could try to see if you could get a new control board shipped to you but I don't think it will be economical to repair over buying a new tool. That's the only downside to grey market tools.

Haa

I can recall one funny case. Last year I bought fuel grinder - but when it comes I found that gear locking button kit was fully missing. It was pure factory assembling error. I sent number if photos to proove. And it works.  They sent to me few $$ kit - btw it's not available as a parts
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/spindle-lock-kit-p-2127519.html

I recieved it after month or so and replaced by myself. That was a good service I appreciated.
But my drill is about 1.5 year and I do not have docs for it anymore.

• Like 1