2016 Milwaukee Product Symposium

Daniel Julian

Any predictions for products? Of course the fuel nailers will be a big deal. I'm expecting to see a one key high torque impact wrench too. A lot of people would like to see a cordless miter saw, but I'm not too anxious. I'd like to see if they push harder into the automotive market.

I'd like a brushless multi tool. (Fuel)

Would also like to see a one key high torque impact wrench. In fact I am buying the compact 1/2" before the high torque simply because I don't need the high torque for everything, but do need more than 100 foot pounds often. Would be great to be able to dial in 150 or 200 foot pounds or something similar.

Oh, and an orbital polisher so I can polish and wax the car with a cordless brand I have.

• Like 2

Would also like to see a one key high torque impact wrench. In fact I am buying the compact 1/2" before the high torque simply because I don't need the high torque for everything, but do need more than 100 foot pounds often. Would be great to be able to dial in 150 or 200 foot pounds or something similar.

Oh, and an orbital polisher so I can polish and wax the car with a cordless brand I have.

There's a polisher in the m12 line up

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

There's a polisher in the m12 line up

Jimbo

Not much help when you have only M18 tools. A 12v 4" or so polisher is also not useful for doing an entire vehicle with a 2 or 3 step process. They make a corded polisher but I really want a brushless 7" polisher.

They also make a 12v ratchet while the 18v version is an impact with a lot higher RPM. Would like to see an 18v ratchet.

And while I'm at it, give me a Fuel 18v hackzall. (brushless)

10 hours ago, MikeInCtown said:

You might get that brushless multitool.  They started producing multitool accessories recently so it can't be too long.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if there weren't new jigsaws coming. I think they need new jigsaws much more than they need brushless multitools, their jigsaws seem a bit behind. In my opinion with multitools, they're right in line or better than their direct competition.

I'd imagine a one key impact wrench(maybe a couple) and ratchets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

You might get that brushless multitool.  They started producing multitool accessories recently so it can't be too long.

Home Depot recently dropped the price to $99 on the regular ones, so they are either coming out with a new model soon or they realized they needed better pricing to sell more units. For as much use as one would get, I probably don't need a brushless version, but brushless motors usually do last longer and require less maintenance, something I kind of like.

Home Depot recently dropped the price to $99 on the regular ones, so they are either coming out with a new model soon or they realized they needed better pricing to sell more units. For as much use as one would get, I probably don't need a brushless version, but brushless motors usually do last longer and require less maintenance, something I kind of like.

If I'm being honest, I probably don't actually need a brushless multitool either but I was thinking a Fuel redesign was going to be there only way we get an updated design. The current M18 has a handle that's so large around, it's borderline hard for me to hold with one hand.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/23/2016 at 7:28 PM, MikeInCtown said:

Not much help when you have only M18 tools. A 12v 4" or so polisher is also not useful for doing an entire vehicle with a 2 or 3 step process. They make a corded polisher but I really want a brushless 7" polisher.

They also make a 12v ratchet while the 18v version is an impact with a lot higher RPM. Would like to see an 18v ratchet.

And while I'm at it, give me a Fuel 18v hackzall. (brushless)

I'm pretty sure i already saw a picture / leak of a M18 Fuel Polisher coming up :) 

5 hours ago, wildroamer said:

How long after new tool announcements are they typically available?

Typically, a good percentage of the announced tools are out by late fall, with a few not slated until early in the following calendar year. Occasionally, delays happen.

• Like 1