2016 Milwaukee Product Symposium

Daniel Julian

12 minutes ago, MikeInCtown said:

For as much as they cost, they better be better than the lighting from anyone else.

You can cut the cost though by buying during a promotion Milwaukee is probably the most aggressive company when it comes to deals. Most of the time if you buy a kit with milwaukee you can get something free.

• Like 1

Man!man!Man!!!! I missed so much today!!!!!!! Wow Milwaukee is killing it right now with the tools I've seen so far!!Awesome day for Team Red!!!

I know i don't think I got as much work done today being distracted as I was lol!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

There really was a plethora of lights on display. That durable m12 one looks pretty wild. Also interesting was the utility light for bucket trucks etc. The search light sparky posted looks like my kind of flashlight. Big, tough and versatile..

This NPS was a lot of specialty tools this year not a lot of mainline tools got attention. You never know though Milwaukee does drop new tools with out showing them at the NPS during the year like the Fuel Nailers.

Man I've been so absent, I didn't even know that there was a new symposium happening.

Can't wait to check out the new offerings. 

I just saw the TIA video of the Milwaukee 10" Miter. I like that it has a 10" blade, because they are much easier to come by as opposed to 7-1/4" Miter saw blades. (Difference in Miter vs Circular Saw blades being in the rake angle). I really hope that it's light weight and compact, the DeWalt is very portable. And I like that they stole the DeWalt light/shadow system as well.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MikeInCtown said:

Just a random thought, but what if some new Milwaukee product was actually the same thing as the "DeWalt world's first" and now the DeWalt launch would be the world's second?

My mind is blown! No that would suck though!

Just a random thought, but what if some new Milwaukee product was actually the same thing as the "DeWalt world's first" and now the DeWalt launch would be the world's second?

Ha ha I said that about the 9.0 battery over in the Dewalt thread lol

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the point of a one-key Sawzall??? Anti-theft is nice but different modes? I could see a ramp up mode that would somehow limit slip if that's even possible but aside from the initial bite into something new the trigger is always at 100% unless it binds and takes me for a ride. I don't see how it's beneficial otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

What's the point of a one-key Sawzall??? Anti-theft is nice but different modes? I could see a ramp up mode that would somehow limit slip if that's even possible but aside from the initial bite into something new the trigger is always at 100% unless it binds and takes me for a ride. I don't see how it's beneficial otherwise.

Their example was you can program specific speeds to the material you are cutting, they were cutting stainless steel @ 1500 spm

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're in Tapatalk, go to full web view so you can see the clips I just posted

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Ha ha I said that about the 9.0 battery over in the Dewalt thread lol

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be hilarious. Surely they feel pretty safe no one is gonna steal their thunder. I'm a Milwaukee fan, but nonetheless, I'm very curious what it is.

• Like 1

Well announcing the 9 amp is one thing but maybe dewalt has stock ready and can put it into stores in july ( if a dewalt 9 amp is a thing )

Speaking of which, the 9ah battery was delayed because the cells they got for testing were not the same they got for production, so they had to remedy that error first, which took some time to get straightened out apparently. Idiots whoever supplies the cells, good on Milwaukee for not releasing under powered batteries

• Like 4