Bosch JS572EB Jig Saw

JimboS1ice

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, BK13 said:

How does that thing do on 2x dimensional lumber? That would be my primary use for it, but I don't know whether to get this or save (a lot more) for a band saw.

Very well, this is one of the better saws on the market, the great thing about this saw is the blade guide keeps it straight under tight scrolls where other saws can't hold the blade straight.

Jimbo, great video. Try the chip guard out with the dust cover on and the DC attached if your working in the house. There will be no dust lying on the ground! I've got the Carvex and when you use the guards and shield with the DC it is an amazing machine for really high quality straight on cuts when being clean is key. The nice thing about the chip guard is it gives you a flush surface to prevent chip out on the up stroke. I will say that my cordless Makita has a plastic chip guard too but like the Bosch, it is pre sliced. They really should give you a solid piece of plastic so you get no chip out like on my Carvex. It gives a true zero clearance.This is arguably one the best jigsaws on the market and that's one I would definitely keep dude. Nice stuff Jimbo! 

• Like 1

Jimbo, great video. Try the chip guard out with the dust cover on and the DC attached if your working in the house. There will be no dust lying on the ground! I've got the Carvex and when you use the guards and shield with the DC it is an amazing machine for really high quality straight on cuts when being clean is key. The nice thing about the chip guard is it gives you a flush surface to prevent chip out on the up stroke. I will say that my cordless Makita has a plastic chip guard too but like the Bosch, it is pre sliced. They really should give you a solid piece of plastic so you get no chip out like on my Carvex. It gives a true zero clearance.This is arguably one the best jigsaws on the market and that's one I would definitely keep dude. Nice stuff Jimbo! 

Yea I have to get used to using it because it does make a difference, and there is zero dust when you seal it all up and hook up a vac.