The world is ending - Festool is coming out with an Imperial Measure Tool!

khariV

The new Festool HK 55 EB (6 1/2" blade carpenters tracked circular saw for framing / cross-cutting) actually has a depth adjustment that's in Inches!!!!!

Link to the video below from a trade show.  What is this madness?!!?!?

• Like 2

It's about time the rest of the world starts measuring things the right way. How can you expect a guy to multiply and divide by ten when twelve is so much better. There was actually a push for using a base twelve version (duodecimal) of math and numbers instead of a base ten system that we see today. The movement was/is called dozenalism and actually makes a lot more sense. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duodecimal

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

It's about time the rest of the world starts measuring things the right way. How can you expect a guy to multiply and divide by ten when twelve is so much better. There was actually a push for using a base twelve version (duodecimal) of math and numbers instead of a base ten system that we see today. The movement was/is called dozenalism and actually makes a lot more sense. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duodecimal

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Cool find. I've actually got this saw and two FSK rails! It's so sweet. I will post a video at some point but nothing yet. The scales on all of my tools come metric but Festool offers an imperial scale to be added aftermarket for all of there tools. I e stuck with metric, it's a little easier for me but when I have to mix the two like last night, the headaches come on!