Cord / cordless band saw ?

JVP26

There is no "better" it will depend on your circumstance. 

Are you used to Milwaukee fuel, is this why you ask? I don't know what your situation is, you just now posted your first, so welcome aboard, tell us a little about yourself eh?

If you cutting a boat load of metal I would saw go corded or you may need quite the batteries, not sure how run time works out but if it's for here and there I would think cordless would be sufficient.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a plumber with mechanical contractor, and I vote the Fuel would be best in our line of work!! Coworker has one and it is extremely versatile, he just needs to put a new blade on it already! It isn't used for thicker metals a lot like a production shop, so if you can, get the Fuel definitely  

If you have the 4ah batteries already, those will work perfectly fine, I have the same set of drill and driver and 4ah batteries too. Not like you really need to upgrade if you dont want to

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Personally I would wait until it is absolutely needed and then borrow one first. You are looking at dropping hundreds on a tool that as an HVAC tech would rarely get used. In my facility, an HVAC tech has needed to use a bandsaw exactly ZERO times in 20 years. An electrician would need one if it was new construction, but even then conduit can be cut quickly unless it is like 1"+ pipe. Heck, I just use a jigsaw for cutting all my copper and conduit. Does the same job much cheaper and has far more uses.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Bringing this back to life because I'm anal about not starting new threads where not necessary ;D

Don't mind the all caps "look at me" title. I like what he does, but his all caps titles and "clickbait" type captions made me unsubscribe..... Regardless this is pretty cool, as the comment above mentions about the swag stand

Then one day I was just perusing the pages over at Toolbarn and found this:

789F42C7-D27F-4A82-B30F-D9707F5C7156_7.j

http://www.toolbarn.com/milwaukee-48-08-0260.html

Talked to toolpig on instagram and he says its a pretty good stand!

Makita has a bench mount base that works with their cordless band saw also. It is available for order from Canadian sources but not in the US. Last I checked it cost over five hundred clams to acquire, so not worth chasing after. I had a bad case of sticker shock when I got the quote on it...