AVE tears down Stealth Force

JimboS1ice

I like how he says the hydraulic pump won't last, because of cavitation? Hmm interesting. I wonder if that is the noise that some have reported hearing? Jimbo thoughts?[emoji848]

Makes perfect sense, listen to the noise when I ran a lag with it, you can hear a popping noise, I'm impressed with the internals of it, makes sense considering the weight of it.

This guy is a trip. For the first 5 minutes he just rambles and appears to talk out his rear. Like how he says milwaukee, ridgid, and ryobi are all the same thing simply because the parent company s the same. That's like saying a cobalt is the same as an escalade because gm produces both. (His statements on warranty issues are a bit off as well. All one needs to do is read the info)

He also makes assumptions about the lifespan of the unit based on a guess and no real knowledge of the viscosity or type of fluid or for example how well the heatsink works. Everything he claimed is a guess based on what he has experienced with other companies, not off any real experience with this brand.

This guy is a trip. For the first 5 minutes he just rambles and appears to talk out his rear. Like how he says milwaukee, ridgid, and ryobi are all the same thing simply because the parent company s the same. That's like saying a cobalt is the same as an escalade because gm produces both. (His statements on warranty issues are a bit off as well. All one needs to do is read the info)

He also makes assumptions about the lifespan of the unit based on a guess and no real knowledge of the viscosity or type of fluid or for example how well the heating works. Everything he claimed is a guess based on what he has experienced with other companies, not off any real experience with this brand.

He isn't far off. I have already posted some AES (Ridgid)stuff that is identical to Milwaukee M12 and M18 fuel. A lot of it is just different marketing.

Ridgid doesn't bring in the full AES line, too bad. I would love to see the full brushless line at HD.

There are quite a few tools that debut as AES before being rebranded as Milwaukee.

He also makes assumptions about the lifespan of the unit based on a guess and no real knowledge of the viscosity or type of fluid or for example how well the heatsink works. Everything he claimed is a guess based on what he has experienced with other companies, not off any real experience with this brand.

Once you get past his garbling and disgruntledness he's interesting to watch, I can't sit and watch more than a few videos in a row but he k led his stuff even though he flaunts it with fancy words, at first I couldn't stand him but I've time I've gotten used to his stuff and every now and again I'll give it a watch, we on here have been waiting a while for him to break this thing down, he can piss you off after a while though lol.

• Like 1

For me the most important part of everything was spilled out all over his workbench. It is the liquid that enables the proper operation. Is it silicone, or some other low or high weight oil? Also, the cavitation is normally the formation of air bubbles because of the pressures. For all we know this is injected in a vacuum area and then the assembly is sealed, so there is zero air in there. There just isn't enough evidence to know if any of his theories have any truth in them at all.

I found this one interesting to watch, all rambling aside, because of the design of the impact, of course. I have always been curious to know what the operations were like, and I figured it would be like a hydraulic pump inside. And also, I imagine it would have to get a ton of use before the cavitation sets in, if his assumption is right, and for a user to notice it. At least he did acknowledge the good quality when he sees it. And yes, it does strain me to watch many of his videos. This one seemed he forgot where his camera view was and it was out of focus a lot, made it all that more difficult to watch...

Once you get past his garbling and disgruntledness he's interesting to watch, I can't sit and watch more than a few videos in a row but he k led his stuff even though he flaunts it with fancy words, at first I couldn't stand him but I've time I've gotten used to his stuff and every now and again I'll give it a watch, we on here have been waiting a while for him to break this thing down, he can piss you off after a while though lol.

I hear ya. I tune most of it out.

His earlier videos weren't as forced. The gimmick worked but now he is laying it on too thick. I hope for his sake that he tones it down. He does do good reviews, but the Schtick is getting in the way. Its just not funny when it's so forced.

17 minutes ago, RickyMcGrath said:

I like his vids. I think it's because of his lack of PC. in today's world, it's nice to watch someone that tells what they really think. He doesn't have to worry about sponsorships or advertisers.

Wait.... He's kind of like Trump. emoji848.png

Actually he comes across (to me) as one of thse people who are very smart but think they know way more than they really do. As though all of their assumptions are accurate because well they knew it was this way or that way at some given point, so everything gets compartmented as always being a certain way.

• Like 1

Actually he comes across (to me) as one of thse people who are very smart but think they know way more than they really do. As though all of their assumptions are accurate because well they knew it was this way or that way at some given point, so everything gets compartmented as always being a certain way.

Isn't that most males? [emoji6]

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2016 at 4:17 PM, MikeInCtown said:

I could say the same thing about you. Does it make it true? He has proven a pretty decent base of knowledge among a long list of topics and materials down to a molecular level, with spouts of opinion amongst the spread of information. What exactly gives you inclination to disprove anything he's claiming? Your opinion? Sounds familiar. Find me a review on anything that doesn't contain opinion. You can't, because that's what a review is by definition. 

Do I like him? No. But I don't like anyone aside from a handful of people so it's not hard to put him in that category. But I watch his reviews once in awhile when they pop up on the forum. I'm a Dewalt guy and he almost never reviews them so the relevance to me is minimal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I could say the same thing about you. Does it make it true? He has proven a pretty decent base of knowledge among a long list of topics and materials down to a molecular level, with spouts of opinion amongst the spread of information. What exactly gives you inclination to disprove anything he's claiming? Your opinion? Sounds familiar. Find me a review on anything that doesn't contain opinion. You can't, because that's what a review is by definition. 

First, the way he presents his material is that it is fact. Second, I have seen two of his videos that have been linked on the forum here. One was a Ryobi nail gun that he broke by taking it apart, couldn't put it back together right, then basically called it junk. The other was this video. So my proof is his own words on video. He tore the thing apart, then made assumptions based on previous experience even though he has zero knowledge of the exact material used, nor does he have knowledge of the exact liquid used. IIRC he based his entire "THIS WILL HAPPEN" theory on what he has experienced with a diesel engine or equipment. Now, what he claimed will happen may or may not happen with the tool, but we don't know that and neither does he, even though he said it would.

And a review may be opinion or it may be factual. (or both) It really depends on how it is presented. If I say here are the specs and this is what you get, then it is 100% fact. If I say I think something feels one way or another then it is opinion. If I show a drill drilling 100 holes and I say it can drill 100 holes then it is not an opinion. But since his relevance to you is minimal, do I need to go on?

Anything that can be made, can fail. I could do a review pulling apart a drill, observing and determining all components are good except the trigger which is an inferior component. It's perfectly logical for me to say "I can guarantee that this trigger is the weak point and is going to be the first part to fail because it's junk in an otherwise great tool", because it will. And that is a FACT. But it's also my opinion because something else could and will inevitably fail as well and my opinion is based on prediction. Catch my point? It's a perspective arguement. You've chosen to look at it a certain way, doesn't make it right or wrong...that's your opinion. 

• Like 1