HiltiWpg

• 4 months later...
On 4/16/2016 at 5:32 PM, HiltiWpg said:

Impressive!

I hope it arrives in N.A. quickly!

Great track saw, nice ripping fence!

https://www.hilti.co.uk/sc70w-a22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt they will HILTI abandoned the wood craft here in the states. It sucks but it is what is. use to have all the fancy stuff here as well now just Europe. 

• 2 years later...

I had a set of those track/guide rails. They where stolen shortly after when I was doing whole house reno work. Bastards didn't even know what they were for and they my hilti vac. Man I was pissed.

Impressive!

I hope it arrives in N.A. quickly!
Great track saw, nice ripping fence!

https://www.hilti.co.uk/sc70w-a22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Just placed order for new pre-sale/ on market . Beast saw. Also git a guide rail plate coming for 6 1/2" Lefty Hilti guide Rails are same spec as festi and Maki. Cordless tripple guide jig Saw available in Jan.
f72094ca7d8aa9052665b48891108e93.jpg

The festi jigsaw is triple blade guidea2bda9b01e35bb50abea6b628996d1d6.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using the hilti on wet pt. Very smooth zero bog. Gaurd has no issues of snagging in any angle what's so ever. It's so perfectly balanced that I will never touch the dewalt again. Makita would be my 2nd go too. Btw I have all three. Hilti is in class of it's own like festi or mafell. It will leave you in awe. No pulling or drift much easier to handle over other 2. It also had led light which is perfect this time of yr. Quieter then others and very fast brake. It does not safety button just lick unlock button. I made about 65+/- cuts and battery only went down 1/bar out of 4.

The rear handle and barrel grip jigsaw look nice...the 36v circ  and sawzall are not very powerful compared to flexvolt..our Hilti rep didn't have these new tools yet...but Hilti makes the best powder actuated guns...

• Like 1

I've used all Hilti tools ,we have a rep come by once a week to continue fixing our lasers and sds and powder actuated guns.....he brings new tools ..we test them against DeWalt right there,off the truck ....no thanks... commercial tools yes, residential construction hell no..but glad you like yours...

Interesting. Where you located? Gave it a fair work out today.

130lf +/- of ripping. 95-100 cross cuts on soaking wet pressure treated 2*10-12's. Before battery was ready for recharge.
That's using there ridiculous black blade's it came with. Saw had a 10/pack included. One thing for sure the saw feels great.

I've used all Hilti tools ,we have a rep come by once a week to continue fixing our lasers and sds and powder actuated guns.....he brings new tools ..we test them against DeWalt right there,off the truck ....no thanks... commercial tools yes, residential construction hell no..but glad you like yours...

@CityDecks...I'm on Cape Cod ,MA...we build huge custom waterfront homes with massive decks...we rip engineered lumber all day....LVL,PSL,LSL,Parralam, PT, IPE....the hardest materials around.

....I'm not knocking you or Hilti, I have friends in unions doing commercial work and love those huge Hilti tools.

....Like I said, we have a Hilti rep ,big truck loaded with all the latest tools.He begs me to keep trying his stuff ,like the blades, new circ blades, sawzall blades etc..( worst blades I've ever used)...we use Diablo tracking point and Diablo demo demon, best damn blades I've ever used.

.....the drivers on the Hilti , powder guns is always breaking...the rep rips lvl stock against me ( like a race)using my  577..not even close....just think the normal Hikti framing tools are not on par with milwaukee or DeWalt... Makita has no balls(power)

For me it's been opposite. Hilti impacts and saws out perform Maki and dewalt. In battery and lifespan. Example. We decided an average 150+/- Simpson 4.5" SDS. Maki get too hot after 70. To the point where you can't hold it. And battery dies shortly after. Dewalt same thing. Hilti averages 130 SDS per 22/5.6 battery and barely get warm.

I've had way too much service / repairs with Dewalt accross the board for Impacts, new flex volt Lefty 7 1/4" saw and there batteries taking too long to charge in Summer bonking out in winter. Never had those nickle and dime issues with hilti. Now I do like Maki very much and almost went all Maki but service is out of my way and you never know when it's coming back. Dewalt is 5/ min away and that's the main reason I was so heavy in dewalt. Hilti is 5/ min the other way and service is 24-48 turn around or if your stuck grab it off the shelf on your way out. They also have a really good 5/ tool combo deal that saved almost 900 off the package and got few Perks. I also really like the way they have 1/ fast charger that does it all and fast. It's impossible to drain 1/ battery before other is charged. Keeps very lean on rooftops. We don't have the room like deck guys on the ground or you in the big houses. I run 2 team 2-3 jobs at a time out 1-high top Van. I need to be minimal but effective.

[mention=56839]CityDecks[/mention]...I'm on Cape Cod ,MA...we build huge custom waterfront homes with massive decks...we rip engineered lumber all day....LVL,PSL,LSL,Parralam, PT, IPE....the hardest materials around.

....I'm not knocking you or Hilti, I have friends in unions doing commercial work and love those huge Hilti tools.

....Like I said, we have a Hilti rep ,big truck loaded with all the latest tools.He begs me to keep trying his stuff ,like the blades, new circ blades, sawzall blades etc..( worst blades I've ever used)...we use Diablo tracking point and Diablo demo demon, best damn blades I've ever used.

.....the drivers on the Hilti , powder guns is always breaking...the rep rips lvl stock against me ( like a race)using my  577..not even close....just think the normal Hikti framing tools are not on par with milwaukee or DeWalt... Makita has no balls(power)

• Like 1

Im also big fan of Diablo blades. Thats what we generally run. I did just pick up new Maki made for cordless. They seem to flow better and Last longer then Diablo need to try lil More if or better comparison.

[mention=56839]CityDecks[/mention]...I'm on Cape Cod ,MA...we build huge custom waterfront homes with massive decks...we rip engineered lumber all day....LVL,PSL,LSL,Parralam, PT, IPE....the hardest materials around.

• Like 1

@CityDecks..2 crews? Nice..all rooftops? We do a lot of decks over " rubber roofs" so they are about 30-40'' up..a few "widow walks" which is on top of the roof...but mostly 2nd floor and first floor..

...I am glad Hilti is working out for you. Only thing I can think of is they make different tools for us NA and where you are.....the DeWalt crew works out of a trailer,as does my Milwaukee crew,but the Makita crew work out of a work van...

[mention=56839]CityDecks[/mention]..let me know if the new Makita blades are better then the Diablo tracking point.....I'm not a big Makita fan, but I always go with what works the best...
So far I used them mostly on Maki track Saw and 6.5" Lefty saw. I gotta a buddy on Washington did lf foot test with Maki 2x. Ripping old df 2*12. He git something like 240lf on one charge. And 160+/ lf with Diablos on one charge. Milwaukee blade was close to Diablo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
So far I used them mostly on Maki track Saw and 6.5" Lefty saw. I gotta a buddy on Washington did lf foot test with Maki 2x. Ripping old df 2*12. He git something like 240lf on one charge. And 160+/ lf with Diablos on one charge. Milwaukee blade was close to Diablo

Check em out. Really smooth. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c3a468d65f70/VID_166190910_180730_487.mp4

• 4 weeks later...
Check em out. Really smooth. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c3a468d65f70/VID_166190910_180730_487.mp4

What can I say I'm pretty much all Hilti. And could only get happier when I get the barrel grip jig saw, track Saw guide plate for 6 1/2 cordless sirc and last but not least multi cutter like the Fein super cut....cordless of course.

SW60 partnered up with Maki Max blades just got that much better. Made about 130+/- cross cuts on frozen solid pt Lumber and down 2 bars to go on battery. I wouldn't be surprised if it can get over 200cuts on non pt. Like I said before in class all it's own [emoji106][emoji106] 48f030b55d08ae72006d624090b718b6.jpge1e7c534fb7ab52a726b30bd0f1e4194.jpg845aa27687b95c0c1b71b8d0a2374fef.jpg