New work van & storage.organizing solutions...

Moze

My previous vehicle was a 2008 Tundra. Loved the truck but needed more room, so I picked up a 2016 Mercedes Metris. Added sound deadener throughout the back, the cross bars on the roof for extension ladder, scaffolding, etc., an interior roof-mounted ladder rack, the DeWalt Tstak boxes, a couple of parts-organizer bins on the back doors, tow hitch for cargo carrier which is en-route (for bags of concrete, generator, etc.). The last picture was before I got the interior ladder rack.

Figured I'd post for others in the trades that might be interested. It's a great little work van.

20160406_170356.jpg

20160415_161453.jpg

20160421_123219.jpg

20160421_215623.jpg

20160421_221329.jpg

20160421_221339.jpg

20160405_183206.jpg

• Like 10

This is so cool, i love seeing the inside of vans, seeing the organization, I'm using a 2007 Sprinter, tall, long, dually. Absolute favorite of any i've worked out of. I used to think trucks with side boxes were the answer, then I moved over to the Sprinter when the company bought a couple and I think the van suits my needs the best. I have so much I want to re-organize in my van, but I'm kept so busy....I like the usage of the doors, just watch out when closing them on something!

Also, do i spy a ryobi led worklight?

13 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Nice set up, I'm liking the merecedes van

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Their only problem is that it's Mercedes... expensive parts and you don't use aftermarket, that lesson we've learned over and again... Fortunately, since they had that deal with Dodge and Freightliner, we're able to get parts from a local Dodge dealership, which makes it easier to get parts, even thought they aren't cheap. 

• Like 2

Their only problem is that it's Mercedes... expensive parts and you don't use aftermarket, that lesson we've learned over and again... Fortunately, since they had that deal with Dodge and Freightliner, we're able to get parts from a local Dodge dealership, which makes it easier to get parts, even thought they aren't cheap. 

Depends what part of the world your in too!

Thanks guys. It's definitely a work in progress. 

PROTOOLNUT, yeah, the van isn't tall enough to stand up in, even without the ladder on the roof. I have to be able to get in parking garages, so this is about as tall a vehicle as I could get. I also need to be able to fit 4x8 material in the back. For me, this is about as perfect of a vehicle as there is. I don't spend much time in the back except to grab the tools I need. 

• Like 4

Now that is a cool Van. Didn't know Benz made a van. We have a 2005 E500 that has been great. Only has 43,000 miles on it since we got it new. Don't drive it much.

They have made vans for quite some time, especially in Europe, then in early 2000s they brought the Sprinter over here sold under Mercedes, Dodge, and Freightliner badge, with 5cylinder diesel in them. 2007 they changed the design and have V6 diesel and gas models available, nice vans for service industry but can be troublesome when they break down, touchy little things.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Mondo1310 said:
13 hours ago, DaveJr. said:

Very cool! Don't you think you'll have an issue with those small parts organizers opening while you are driving? Or are you planing on securing them

Nice van setup. That sound deadening should make it more enjoyable to drive. 

Thanks guys.

I got my covers for the parts organizers installed yesterday so the drawers don't slide out.

Ran out of rivets though, so that's why there are holes drilled with nothing in them.

20160425_154711.jpg

20160425_154605.jpg

20160425_154716.jpg

20160425_154629.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Did some tweaking today. Installed some 1″ square aluminum tubing with the DeWalt Tough System brackets to hold the Tough Boxes. They were previously resting precariously on the wheel well and held in place with a strap. Cumbersome and irritating to put in and take out. Now I can just slide it on and off the brackets.

The cart was basically put in the same way previously, but on the other wheel well. Just kind of sat on the wheel well and strapped in. Decided to put everything on one side. So moved the 1″ square tube that I had just installed and put some brackets in for the cart. Now everything is consolidated on one side.

20160706_133233.jpg

20160706_171205.jpg

20160706_171233.jpg

• Like 3

Nice clean looking setup! Veto bag too, love it! But.... where the partition between the front seats and cargo? I wouldn't drive without a partition, regardless of how well you think everything is secured in the back

13 hours ago, Moze said:

Did some tweaking today. Installed some 1″ square aluminum tubing with the DeWalt Tough System brackets to hold the Tough Boxes. They were previously resting precariously on the wheel well and held in place with a strap. Cumbersome and irritating to put in and take out. Now I can just slide it on and off the brackets.

The cart was basically put in the same way previously, but on the other wheel well. Just kind of sat on the wheel well and strapped in. Decided to put everything on one side. So moved the 1″ square tube that I had just installed and put some brackets in for the cart. Now everything is consolidated on one side.

20160706_133233.jpg

20160706_171205.jpg

20160706_171233.jpg

Mose, friggin awesome set up. Love the overhead too. A,axing how much room you have in there with all of your gear in place.

Thanks all!

15 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Nice clean looking setup! Veto bag too, love it! But.... where the partition between the front seats and cargo? I wouldn't drive without a partition, regardless of how well you think everything is secured in the back

If I had the partition, I couldn't carry 10' signs & posts inside. I could carry them on the roof, but prefer to have the ability to carry them inside. The ladder is held pretty securely, plus secured with an aircraft cable, plus two straps that run through the roof rails. Not saying in the worst case scenario something bad couldn't happen, but if I were in a wreck bad enough to make the ladder come off, I've probably got worse problems.

9 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Mose, friggin awesome set up. Love the overhead too. A,axing how much room you have in there with all of your gear in place.

Thanks, Chris. I can still fit a few sheets of 4'x8' material on the floor with everything as-is. The T-staks are sitting on 2"x4"s which typically gives me all of the room I need for a few sign faces, etc. If I need to carry a bunch of sheets of something, I can pull the T-staks out pretty quickly, load the material, then unlatch the T-staks as needed and just set them on top of the sheet material. That's a pretty rare occurrence though.

• Like 1