Festool Road show

regopit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The Festool road show rolled in to my town today 15min from my house so I had to go just to look at the new stuff. I had made up my mind that I was not going to buy anything but after getting my hands on the new HK 55 Cross-Cutting Track Saw PLUS-FSK I had to have one. Lets just say I will have one by November. When I first saw this on line I thought it was kind of hokey but, after using it all that went away. It is pricey but I feel well worth the cash. It will find it's way into my tool budget for November .

• Like 1

The Festool road show rolled in to my town today 15min from my house so I had to go just to look at the new stuff. I had made up my mind that I was not going to buy anything but after getting my hands on the new HK 55 Cross-Cutting Track Saw PLUS-FSK I had to have one. Lets just say I will have one by November. When I first saw this on line I thought it was kind of hokey but, after using it all that went away. It is pricey but I feel well worth the cash. It will find it's way into my tool budget for November .

Saw that floating around and it looks like a very different yet quite impressive approach to making cross cuts and wouldn't blame you for the change of heart.. I know I'm too far off the beaten track for them to come near here, but hey tools are tools and I have never held a festool and they definitely look amazing in action

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Well, got to handle and drool over some awesome green tools!

Tried out the new Pro5 sander that we are all, apparently, getting. Very nice, light, obviously quality! The thing really cranks on 6.

Also looked hard at the TS55REQ. I think it will be mine. Looked at the TS75 also, was surprised at how much bigger it is. Tried to avert my eyes from much there, could easily see myself enjoying their dust extractor, HK55 circ saw, jigsaw, router.........

Yikes......

Anyway, picked up a little free swag.

IMG_20161006_195220933.jpg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, wildroamer said:

Well, got to handle and drool over some awesome green tools!

Tried out the new Pro5 sander that we are all, apparently, getting. Very nice, light, obviously quality! The thing really cranks on 6.

Also looked hard at the TS55REQ. I think it will be mine. Looked at the TS75 also, was surprised at how much bigger it is. Tried to avert my eyes from much there, could easily see myself enjoying their dust extractor, HK55 circ saw, jigsaw, router.........

Yikes......

Anyway, picked up a little free swag.

IMG_20161006_195220933.jpg

I'll take a new family picture to post when I get my shop moved into our new home. Lots of blue green!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DR99 said:

I want a PDC quad drive I have a think about collecting German drills it seems. I have a Metabo Fein and would like to add the Festool at the right price. No bosh anymore but they are not really made in Germany anymore.

What's the Metabo Fein DR?

36 minutes ago, DR99 said:

I want a PDC quad drive I have a think about collecting German drills it seems. I have a Metabo Fein and would like to add the Festool at the right price. No bosh anymore but they are not really made in Germany anymore.

I was seriously thinking about the PDC but truthfully my T18 set is pretty friggin awesome. I also just got the new Dewalt brushless set yesterday with the 60v and 20v 2.0 so I'm all set with a hammer but the PDC is a pretty beautiful machine. 

It is tough to argue with your logic Chris if you already have a T18. The other thing that I will say is that unless you buy the full kit (vs bare tool) it probably isn't worth it because the right angle chuck for it only works wth the PDC vs being interchangeable with other drills. That said I don't have an ounce of regret :)