1948 Plomb/Proto Catalog #4820

Conductor562

I'm with sterco these will be good rainy day reads, so I'm sure it's possible but wound the it be cool to have a Tia drive somewhere here or how ever it could work where we can have all sorts of tool catalogues, even the newest ones?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Amen Jimbo. When I created the Collectors Resource section, my vision was to have the best collection of tool catalogs on the internet. When I started there were only 5 Plomb/Proto Catalogs freely available on the net. It was a real hindrance to Proto collectors. When the catalogs did pop up on eBay, the often ran anywhere from $25-$50, rarer one even more. The guys that had them never seemed to keen on sharing them either. I set out to change that.

Myself and a gentleman named Todd Wurts who runs Toolarchives.com got together and bought up all the Plomb/Proto catalogs we could find. Our soul intention was to scan them and make them freely available online for all to enjoy and it was important to get them into electronic format now before the paper copies were lost to history. Counting supplements there are now 26 documents available free and we're looking for more all the time. I'd like to think that after hundreds of dollars and hours and hours scanning them into PDF files, we've succeeded. 

With all the mergers and buyouts in the tool world, many companies have few if any records back past 20-30 or so years. Catalogs are often the only resource collectors have to expand their knowledge of their chosen brand. When I contacted Proto I found that for the most part, they had less documentation than I did about their brand prior to the acquisition by Stanley in 1984. We of course shared our findings with them and they actually requested a disc with all these old catalogs on it. I guess it's nice to know someone is paying attention. 

• Like 2

Amen Jimbo. When I created the Collectors Resource section, my vision was to have the best collection of tool catalogs on the internet. When I started there were only 5 Plomb/Proto Catalogs freely available on the net. It was a real hindrance to Proto collectors. When the catalogs did pop up on eBay, the often ran anywhere from $25-$50, rarer one even more. The guys that had them never seemed to keen on sharing them either. I set out to change that.

Myself and a gentleman named Todd Wurts who runs Toolarchives.com got together and bought up all the Plomb/Proto catalogs we could find. Our soul intention was to scan them and make them freely available online for all to enjoy and it was important to get them into electronic format now before the paper copies were lost to history. Counting supplements there are now 26 documents available free and we're looking for more all the time. I'd like to think that after hundreds of dollars and hours and hours scanning them into PDF files, we've succeeded. 

With all the mergers and buyouts in the tool world, many companies have few if any records back past 20-30 or so years. Catalogs are often the only resource collectors have to expand their knowledge of their chosen brand. When I contacted Proto I found that for the most part, they had less documentation than I did about their brand prior to the acquisition by Stanley in 1984. We of course shared our findings with them and they actually requested a disc with all these old catalogs on it. I guess it's nice to know someone is paying attention. 

That's pretty awesome! Hope they sent you something for your troubles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk