Dust Extraction....the beginning.....

comp56

so my dust deputy came in the mail so I figured I get it started......

I took an old UHMW cutting board to make the lid stronger than the original pail lid ......after cutting to size I greased it up with clear silicone to seal everything up.....next will be getting it plumbed to the shop vac..........stay tuned.....

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

• Like 2

$45 for Dust deputy $6 for bucket and lid sealer and nut and bolts so say around $60 total 

so far I pretty much filled a bucket up now and filter in shop vac practically clean as a whistle.....aside from it being empty...

Comp is that the one that has no static buildup in the materials? I ask because the Dust Deputy (Last one) was burning up Festool vacs. Supposedly they made an improvement to the material so we can use them.

i'm not 100% sure but I do know if you run a copper wire from one of the connecting bolts on the dust deputy and have a washer lay on the floor it should cut down static....

btw yesterday had the electrical panel upgraded , so while I was at it I added a separate 30amp receptacle on it's own breaker....now I can run the shovac through the switch with the bigger draw tools.......

Comp is that the one that has no static buildup in the materials? I ask because the Dust Deputy (Last one) was burning up Festool vacs. Supposedly they made an improvement to the material so we can use them.

the clear dust deputy is not static dissipating..    the new one they started including with the ultimate dust deputy for festools is black and is  $20 more than the clear one if purchased separately   http://www.oneida-air.com/inventoryD.asp?item_no=AXD001004SD&CatId={428A1AFA-E859-459E-8BF9-47817428D9AF}

you can always go metal also but that is a whole lot more coin at $130

i built a plywood box instead of the 5 gallon bucket but the bucket probably works just as well and is a lot easier to put together!