How to post pictures

NERemodeling

As new members join i thought it would be helpful to post a little "how to" for posting pictures... we all love pictures and they are the best way to enhance your posts.. 

I have android and windows products, I dont use any apple products but i would imagine its all the same..   

for pictures you have to be in the full site (desktop) version, not the mobile version..    if you are on a phone you can switch by clicking the button that is at the very bottom of every page that says "full version"   

in the reply window at the bottom of every topic you will first have to hit the "more reply options' button

in the new screen you will see below the text box that it says "attach files" and under that "choose files"   click choose files..   now in the new window that will pop up scroll through your computers or phones pictures and select the ones you want, (on my pc you have to click "open" to send it to the TIA website)

on my pc ti will automatically upload the picture to the website but not put it in the post, on my andriod phone i have to click "attach this file" which pops up right below the "choose files" button you previously clicked

now you see that it is just below the text box,   there is an option to add to post or delete,   click your courser or tap in the text box and i usually hit enter twice to seperate my pictures from my text, then click "add to post"   the picture will appear wherever your cursor was located and your done!  multiple pictures can be spaced  by just re clicking in the text box and clicking enter a few times to move the courser down a bit before you add the next picture.. also picture can be intertwined in text by just clicking your mouse anywhere within your text and adding the picture there

hopefully i didnt over complicate that too much, i tried to include as much detail as i could   if you have any problems then let me know..    

if anyone else out there knows an easier way please chime in  :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been trying to figure out how to attach thumbnails to posts. Thanks for the help NERemodeling.

Let's see if this works:

attachicon.gifkim-milwaukee-winner.jpg

nalu, and anyone else reading, it's clear to me how to attach thumbnails, but how to you get an entire picture within a post so we don't have to click on the picture? i see others doing it, but nothing i try seems to work. any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

nalu, and anyone else reading, it's clear to me how to attach thumbnails, but how to you get an entire picture within a post so we don't have to click on the picture? i see others doing it, but nothing i try seems to work. any help would be appreciated.

Hello Ankur,

You may need to use some type of image hosting website. I use a website called Imgur.com. You can easily upload and edit a picture using the Imgur website. You will also get a link to the picture that you can then paste here in the forum. I'll try and explain this better tomorrow. I'm sure there are other ways of doing this but this is one way that it can be done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Miller, I'd recommend uploading it to imgur and then posting that link. The good thing about imgur (besides that it's free) is that it takes away any location data left in the picture. Most phones default setting is to add location data to your photo so you can search by location(called geotags). The problem with that is that others can see the GPS coordinates when you upload the photo, Adam Savage(from mythbusters) had pictures(google street view) of his home posted online after he uploaded a picture. When posting pictures of your shop, tool collection, things worth a lot of money....I feel it's a bad idea to give out your location to the tech savvy. It will most likely never be an issue but you wouldn't post your address in the open forum right?

Long story short, use imgur; It's free, it protects you, you can easily find pics you've posted and it's easy to share pictures.