Milwaukee = Great customer service

DiverDn

I want to share a great customer service experience I had recently with Milwaukee.

I shared on another thread that I was in search of the Milwaukee tool chest after seeing Eric's and Dan's review.

I tracked the top and bottom down at a couple of different Home Depots. Got them home unboxed and with the help of a neighbor I got them put together.

During the assembly I found the long drawer slides fell apart. Also there was a couple of dings and scratches in the powder coat.

I took some pictures and called Milwaukee. Since the chest is such a beast to try to return, they shipped me new drawer slides. To compensate for the damage, that could only have been done at the factory since these things are packed like a tank, they told me to go to their hand tool site and select 5 tools and they would ship me for my trouble. 

Received all buy one tool that is on backorder and I'm sure will arrive soon.

Milwaukee has earned my business and made a fan boy out of me.

John

• Like 2

It's pretty cool that they would do something like that. It's nice to know that if you are going to spend some of your hard earned money on something the company is going to stand behind their product like that. Every time I buy a new tool, Milwaukee is always an option on my list.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Sorry for stealing your avatar idea John, I just love my knives so had to show them .

Yes those are the tools they sent, there is also a set of electrical screw drivers that were back ordered. The backpack is heavier then I thought it would be, very well built.

Your knives are great looking.

The knives in my avatar we made by me and my wife, she made the top one and I made the bottom two at a Bark River Knives and Tool grind in. Another great company with outstanding customer service.

THose knives are beautiful, I would love to make my own knives but I just don't have the space for it. I bought mine off a forum that you can buy,sell or trade knives on. Some very beautiful but expensive knives on there.the top one was made from a pine cone and resin. I love it and the guy that created it has some of the most beautiful knives i've ever seen. the bottom one I bought more for everyday use and it has the 3V steel so its durable and holds a nice edge.the top one is 1095 but I actually prefer regular ol carbon steels because of the ease to sharpen them.

I want to share a great customer service experience I had recently with Milwaukee.

I shared on another thread that I was in search of the Milwaukee tool chest after seeing Eric's and Dan's review.

I tracked the top and bottom down at a couple of different Home Depots. Got them home unboxed and with the help of a neighbor I got them put together.

During the assembly I found the long drawer slides fell apart. Also there was a couple of dings and scratches in the powder coat.

I took some pictures and called Milwaukee. Since the chest is such a beast to try to return, they shipped me new drawer slides. To compensate for the damage, that could only have been done at the factory since these things are packed like a tank, they told me to go to their hand tool site and select 5 tools and they would ship me for my trouble. 

Received all buy one tool that is on backorder and I'm sure will arrive soon.

Milwaukee has earned my business and made a fan boy out of me.

John

that's customer service done right. i wouldve been happy with the quick replacement of the drawer slides. and 1 tool wouldve been awesome to receive, but 5?!

gotta appreciate a company that's looking at the long term good rather than just a quick profit. they're definitely making sure their customers remain loyal to the brand. good lookin out milwaukee!

I had a similar experience with Milwaukee Customer Service. 

I also purchased the complete tool chest. When I removed all of the marketing stickers, the one on top of the worktop took paint off with it. I reached out to Milwuakee via email and they got back to right away. I live in the Milwaukee area so they setup a pickup for a replacement drawer that wasn't damaged. Along with the new drawer, they had a set of Shockwave bits and a Fastback knife waiting for pickup. Great customer service.

I had a similar experience with Milwaukee Customer Service. 

I also purchased the complete tool chest. When I removed all of the marketing stickers, the one on top of the worktop took paint off with it. I reached out to Milwuakee via email and they got back to right away. I live in the Milwaukee area so they setup a pickup for a replacement drawer that wasn't damaged. Along with the new drawer, they had a set of Shockwave bits and a Fastback knife waiting for pickup. Great customer service.

I spoke too soon. The new drawer seems to have a damaged rail and won't go into the drawer slides. Now I need to see what else we can do. At least they are close by and I don't have to deal with mailing stuff out.