M18 multi tool died:(

Maxwell Tyler Ray

As the title states my ole trusty goto right hand man died on me today:/..I've had it about a year or so and it gets used several times a week!!

Never had any issues with it but I went to use it today but nothing..light comes on but that is it!!!

Curious George I am I opened her up to have a look around and found this..

2h3tn6d.jpg

Those 2 black chunks are supposed tobe 1 round piece and goes on that brass looking piece w the splines on it..

it's a magnet of sorts and my thoughts are it got veryy hot and just melted and came apart..you can see some distortion on the pieces and I would run this tool for extended periods under cutting several doorways or pretty much everything cause the uses for this are endless!!

Good news is I contact Milwaukee and sent this same picture and they said its cover under warranty so that's cool..now my options are take into service center or send it in..service center is about 30mins away and they said they are a few days behind so is have to drop it off and pick up later...

Anyone have any info on how the send it process works?? Never had to send one off!!

i have a service center near me, so i've only dropped off and been unbelievably happy with the results, but the service guy explained how easy it was to just do it online. there's a service section on milwaukee's website, and you just have to go to the eservice section and follow the prompts to request the repair and print a mailing label. i think it's free shipping, but i could be wrong. that's it. pack it up and drop it off wherever you normally send packages from. supposedly it only takes a week to get the tool back. although i used the service center near me, i do think they actually needed to ship my tool to another center. even with that extra day or so of dropping off I still got a call that my tool was ready in a few days. nice thing about eservice is they just ship it straight to you, so it could be quicker. i have no idea how they work so fast, but it's crazy good service. 

The e service is easier and probably quicker. All you have to do is submit a claim online and Milwaukee pays for shipping both ways. Why burn 60 minutes worth of gas. I believe if you put in info into fedex or ups they will pick it up for free even.

Thanks guys I've jus finished the eservice and printed everything in less than 10mins..certainly the easier way!!!

The e service is easier and probably quicker. All you have to do is submit a claim online and Milwaukee pays for shipping both ways. Why burn 60 minutes worth of gas. I believe if you put in info into fedex or ups they will pick it up for free even.

Are you saying if I make an account w fedex and I can schedule a free pick up???

• 2 weeks later...