Woah that's new!

Stercorarius

But seriously... I did see this and never knew there was something like this available, so I grabbed one that had an open package and they gave me 10% off, plus my 5% off at Lowes with their credit card

885911372749lg.jpg

• Like 4

Also was browsing Harbor Freight and found these cool little doodads, thought it looked like a very simple way to keep items secure in my service van.. so I grabbed three, and have been using them right along!

image_7686.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Also was browsing Harbor Freight and found these cool little doodads, thought it looked like a very simple way to keep items secure in my service van.. so I grabbed three, and have been using them right along!

image_7686.jpg

Nite ize are good. Ive seen them at HD too.

• Like 1

image_7686.jpg

Let me know how those work for you've been looking at them for a while but I just tie a knot. A guy once told me if you can't tie a good knot just tie a lot. I still laugh when I think of that. But seriously curious to how well those work.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tonylandin said:

Let me know how those work for you've been looking at them for a while but I just tie a knot. A guy once told me if you can't tie a good knot just tie a lot. I still laugh when I think of that. But seriously curious to how well those work.

Yeah, they are great, I am always putting bulky light items in the back of my van, and I hate using bungie cords usually.

Don't ask me how to tie a knot that I can pull tight, i know the bowline and use that all the time, but these you can cinch it up really well, and they stay put. 

The rope that came with it is pretty small, so I think i'll get some larger stuff and use that for heavier items. I'm going to use them in my pickup for my sprayer and other items..

I think these would work extremely well for putting tarps over something, keep it tight over the pile of wood or whatever, a mower, motorcycle, etc...

• Like 1

Side by side with a Milwaukee. Been disappointed with the Milwaukee so far. Stanley seems looser but has more aggressive teeth. Stanley is CrV while Milwaukee is CrMo and has cutter. Stanley is $5 more at $14. Still wouldn't recommend either over a Vise-Grip brand one.20160504_200946.jpg

• Like 4

CrV and CroMoly arent really all that different. One has Vanadium the other Molydenum.  CrV is what alot of sockets are made from. Either would be fine for tools depending on how hard they heat treat it. While they arent really considered tool steel like A2,D2 etc they work good because they can handle the stresses exerted to them.

I have all old school original Vise Grip locking pliers that were made by Dewitt mfg co I think and a couple of those Craftsman autolocks they had out ages ago. 

18 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

image_7686.jpg

These are great !!!!

they make a larger version with a clip on one end, great to hook on to bed tie downs in truck ...

BIG FAN !!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2016 at 6:50 PM, JimboS1ice said:

That's awesome, could be facom because they've bought that company out.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely not Facom (Facom, Stanley, Proto, Blackhawk, Expert, Mac, etc are all part of the Stanley Group).  Nice looking pliers for that price point.

Facom's best lockgrip plier is their new 500A series....see http://www.facom.com/ru/products/Series-500A-Description.html .  Still made in France.  I stopped selling their 580/582 series lockgrips because of poor quality control (no surprise the 580/582's are made in China, not Taiwan or Europe).  SD

• Like 1

Definitely not Facom (Facom, Stanley, Proto, Blackhawk, Expert, Mac, etc are all part of the Stanley Group).  Nice looking pliers for that price point.

Facom's best lockgrip plier is their new 500A series....see http://www.facom.com/ru/products/Series-500A-Description.html .  Still made in France.  I stopped selling their 580/582 series lockgrips because of poor quality control (no surprise the 580/582's are made in China, not Taiwan or Europe).  SD

Yea I'm aware of the Stanley conglomerate, within their brands there is plenty of rebranding, most of the Dewalt hand tools are rebranded Stanley, I have a set of proto ratchets which are Facoms.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Yea I'm aware of the Stanley conglomerate, within their brands there is plenty of rebranding, most of the Dewalt hand tools are rebranded Stanley, I have a set of proto ratchets which are Facoms.

Facom discontinued their metal grip round head ratchets last year.  You can still buy then with Mac and Proto branding.  The Proto's are identical to the old Facom's....even made in the same USAG factory in Italy.  SD

Facom discontinued their metal grip round head ratchets last year.  You can still buy then with Mac and Proto branding.  The Proto's are identical to the old Facom's....even made in the same USAG factory in Italy.  SD

Yes mine are Italian made protos but it's the facom design

• 3 weeks later...
On May 4, 2016 at 3:03 PM, Stercorarius said:

Post some of those tools that you  come across that you had never seen before. 

I saw these at lowes. Sorta did a double take.

076174748864_05285611.jpg

I bought me a pair of those. Haven't used them yet, but i kinda like 'em, particularly the lock on them. I wish they weren't Chinese, though.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2016 at 8:02 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

Yeah, they are great, I am always putting bulky light items in the back of my van, and I hate using bungie cords usually.

Don't ask me how to tie a knot that I can pull tight, i know the bowline and use that all the time, but these you can cinch it up really well, and they stay put. 

The rope that came with it is pretty small, so I think i'll get some larger stuff and use that for heavier items. I'm going to use them in my pickup for my sprayer and other items..

I think these would work extremely well for putting tarps over something, keep it tight over the pile of wood or whatever, a mower, motorcycle, etc...

Truckers knot.  Learn it you'll be glad you did!

• Like 5