Any of you guys run across the Ingersoll-Rand W7150-KL2

PutnamEco

It's not insanely priced, but with IR it's a bit harder to buy into a system compared to the other manufacturers. If you need that much ass it's well worth it thought.

IR is pretty popular with the car and truck guys, they seem to cater more towards them with their cordless line up. I'm doubting many mechanics are buying into the likes of Milwaukee and Dewalt.

Most of the mining equipment mechanics I know use the IR stuff. Most of the auto mechanics I see use whatever they can get the cheapest. I assume this is because the coal company is buying the IR stuff and the other guys are buying their own.

Most of the mining equipment mechanics I know use the IR stuff. Most of the auto mechanics I see use whatever they can get the cheapest. I assume this is because the coal company is buying the IR stuff and the other guys are buying their own.

Wow, you must be further out in the sticks than me, Even here in the second poorest county in Florida, the car guys are maxing out their credit on Mac and Snap-on. I don't think you would even be considered for a job here unless you had a quality set of tools to begin with, no less all the grief you would get from your fellow mechanics.

It always kinda puzzled me too. The 2 body shops in out area buy Snap-On, but the service stations use a lot of Harbor Freight junk.

Could it be the body shop guys use their own tools and the service station supplies tools for employees?

The difference between paying someone $25 an hour versus minimum wage?

• 1 month later...