Any ideas on how to remove this?

Dano123

I'm not working anymore but when I did it was a cost thing, waste to much time on something it cost more than just replacing something. In this case you are trying to save a wood pole or a piece of 2"x 6" ...granted this possibly could be just a challenge but in the long run time is money even in my shop (even if I work at my own pace) I still have to decide if things are worth doing or what way is worth doing it. 

• Like 2

I'm not working anymore but when I did it was a cost thing, waste to much time on something it cost more than just replacing something. In this case you are trying to save a wood pole or a piece of 2"x 6" ...granted this possibly could be just a challenge but in the long run time is money even in my shop (even if I work at my own pace) I still have to decide if things are worth doing or what way is worth doing it. 

Yup. Gotta put a value on your time. Actually, it's a great idea to do this for just about everything. What's your time worth to you and re-evaluate that regularly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RickyMcGrath said:

Yup. Gotta put a value on your time. Actually, it's a great idea to do this for just about everything. What's your time worth to you and re-evaluate that regularly.

big part of buying all these tools is to make things easier and save time so why waste it..........

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree that time is money.  I bought 2 umbrellas at Ollie's discount store for both of my tables that match and I doubt I will be able to find another one, that is why I am trying to save the pole. As for the 2x8, I can finally stain the top so I don't want to have to replace the board and wait months for it to take stain to match.  If I can't get it out easily, I will just leave it for this year and cut it off in the fall. 

I would either cut the pole and sand it flush, or if you want to keep both: 

As other members already said,. Drill a few small relief holes around the pole. Should be easy to remove the pole. Then clamp some wood to the table and use a hole saw to make the umbrella hole just a little bigger- this will clean up the small relief holes too. You can leave it alone or plug the hole.