AC Pro

Nordraw

Anyone have any experience with charging your A/C unit in the car with one of these products. The one I'm thinking about is called "AC Pro" and it costs about 35 bucks. They want 124 dollars at the shop so it's quite a savings. The question is does it do a comparable job?  I think I'm going to give it a try just to see.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nordraw said:

Anyone have any experience with charging your A/C unit in the car with one of these products. The one I'm thinking about is called "AC Pro" and it costs about 35 bucks. They want 124 dollars at the shop so it's quite a savings. The question is does it do a comparable job?  I think I'm going to give it a try just to see.  

I call it crap in a can. It is full of stuff your AC system might not need. It is full of oil and seal sweller too. I would not reccomend using it. 

I call it crap in a can. It is full of stuff your AC system might not need. It is full of oil and seal sweller too. I would not reccomend using it. 

That's what we were taught as well, it's kinda like Slime for your tires. .. you gonna put a bandaid on or the care of the real issue? But I'm not trying to completely dissuade you, if its an older car and you have nothing to lose, why not?

I just had a shop repair an a/c line in the van, then I did the pressure testing with nitrogen, evacuated the system, then put the 2.21 pounds 134A in from a can. Nice working for hvac company. ..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1