What's the best 18v 1/2 in impact wrench

Jspeed

can't go wrong with any of the three i think (if we're talking Brushless versions). I think the Makita will be shortest as well as most powerful. But if one is much cheaper than the others, go for it.

• Like 1

yeah the compact BL models from Makita and Milwaukee are definitely worth checking out. There is a 400Nm Metabo that is probably class leader. But if you can get by with the compact ~300Nm Makita/Milwaukee, that's the way to go.

12 minutes ago, dwain said:

yeah the compact BL models from Makita and Milwaukee are definitely worth checking out. There is a 400Nm Metabo that is probably class leader. But if you can get by with the compact ~300Nm Makita/Milwaukee, that's the way to go.

Yea I seen the metabo and I like it I just don't have any batterys for the metabo and I don't feel like paying 500$ for the set. 

On 5/15/2016 at 7:11 PM, Jspeed said:

Why more towards Dewalt or makita. You don't have Milwaukee tools ?

I misspoke,Here are the Milwaukee tools I have.

20160516_092739_zpsud0zjvad.jpg

Only a few hand tools,no red power tools. If I were to get one it would be the HT impact wrench. Brushed or brushless doesnt matter to me all that much. Gen 2 brushless stuff is pretty awesome thou.

• Like 2

So I went ahead and bought the fuel brushless 1/2 impact wrench. I also picked up the one key driver and impact. The new Milwaukee electrician bag and another fuel sawzall which was free with the set. God damn you Home Depot you strike again. #tiacrew

• Like 2

So I went ahead and bought the fuel brushless 1/2 impact wrench. I also picked up the one key driver and impact. The new Milwaukee electrician bag and another fuel sawzall which was free with the set. God damn you Home Depot you strike again. #tiacrew

You can blame me too most guys do lol

• Like 2

yeah, the blame can go around at different times, depending on who brought what sale to light ahaha!

Good choice on the Milwaukee, sounds like a real hard one to beat on power and good handling.

Is that the electrician bag that looks like a mini rolling suitcase?... or maybe that's just me

• Like 1

I didn't realize how big that impact is until you have it in your hand. That thing is huge. No it's not the rolling one its just the little pouch that goes over your shoulder it's pretty nice 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jspeed said:

I didn't realize how big that impact is until you have it in your hand. That thing is huge. No it's not the rolling one its just the little pouch that goes over your shoulder it's pretty nice 

one reason why i went with the compact and didnt wait for the full size monster makita. other is because i have a compressor too. 

28 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Do they fit on the M12? DeWalt needs to get with the program. This is the one thing that I forgot that does give the fuel a leg over the competition.

No, they don't fit the 1/4" Hex either, it does but it doesn't fit right and it covers the quick release.

2 hours ago, rrich1 said:

On lunch at home last night and got a call for an assist motorist. Grabbed my makita impact wrench and got the tire changed in no time. Also made winding up the screw jack effortless :)

IMG_20160417_040050_zpsvaj0mffr.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

HAHA I do that with my air impact, that's why I need a floor jack so badly, I don't like using the screw jack, little precarious