Which case for DeWalt DCF899?

eddie1976

As the title says, I need to buy a case for the DCF899HB. I think its crazy DeWalt doesn't sell these tools with hard plastic cases. It would cost them next to nothing to do that...heck, charge me a few extra bucks, instead, I have to run around and try to figure out which case will fit this monster. 

By the way, there is a $20 off $100 spent on DeWalt tools. So, I guess I will be putting in a couple of orders soon. 

Thanks

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

How critical is a hard case? I keep mine in one of the DeWalt bags.

I'm not sure how critical it is. I intend to take this tool with me on long road trips, and thought that it might be safer in a hard plastic case rather than the bag. The bad would be smaller and wouldn't cause hardship when trying to pack the trunk for the trip. 

I just don't want to damage the tool somehow in a soft bag. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2016 at 4:01 AM, eddie1976 said:

I'm not sure how critical it is. I intend to take this tool with me on long road trips, and thought that it might be safer in a hard plastic case rather than the bag. The bad would be smaller and wouldn't cause hardship when trying to pack the trunk.

Just in case you still desire a case, your thread got me thinking so I went out and bought me a Ridgid case for thirty bucks at HD and couldn't be happier with the way it fits.20160520_205034.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Fazzman said:

Those ridgid boxes are nice. I hope they go on sale again this year for fathers day,id like to have a few more of those smaller ones.

I'm really impressed with it. It is a more portable alternative to the tough system. Slightly smaller well built and cheap. If they go on sale I will for sure buy another one.

• Like 1