M18 & M12 Rapid Charger

wildroamer

Good morning fellas,

Anyone own this charger yet? Model 48591808. I'm considering buying a M18 Fuel Saw all, bare tool, and then piecing together the case and a charger. I know the case fits the standard multi-volt, 48591812, but judging by the pics I've seen online, the two chargers seem to share the same form factor.

Anyone seen both chargers side by side?

Good morning fellas,

Anyone own this charger yet? Model 48591808. I'm considering buying a M18 Fuel Saw all, bare tool, and then piecing together the case and a charger. I know the case fits the standard multi-volt, 48591812, but judging by the pics I've seen online, the two chargers seem to share the same form factor.

Negative. I am of no help to you..... although. ... home depot has such specs as dimensions,

Regular charger sizes

http://thd.co/QggaUK

Rapid charger

http://thd.co/1OILT9Z

Not sure what's up with that one height dimension of 12" that's obviously a typo, but they are different dimensions

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Read the reviews on the rapid charger link, apparently it will fit just fine in the cases that came with the regular charger. Although I think they should make it standard and just do away with the slow charger

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The size markings online alternate almost randomly between the product size and package size so it might just be one comes in a 12 inch box.  Is that charger not standard with their newer tools?  That's just bs if they're still packaging new tools with a slow charger.

Most combos still are shipping with the slow charger but I want to say some one key combos have the rapid

23 hours ago, wildroamer said:

Good morning fellas,

I know the guys  in the main shop have several of both and one of the farm managers has one of the fast chargers. I just saw it the other day and want to say it is the same base dimensions but not as tall. I would assume they would want the mounting points to stay the same so they will still screw into the mounting holes in their toolboxes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

The size markings online alternate almost randomly between the product size and package size so it might just be one comes in a 12 inch box.  Is that charger not standard with their newer tools?  That's just bs if they're still packaging new tools with a slow charger.

Yeah, stupid if they don't...

• Like 1

Just FYI if you have an M18 battery and want to know if it takes full advantage of the rapid charger look on the top for a lighting bolt near the connector. If it has one it will charge at a faster pace than if not:

image.jpeg

Great pointer never noticed any on mine I'll have to check it out

I was pretty annoyed when my One-Key kit came with the old charger.

I would be too, call Milwaukee and complain you pay 500 dollars for a premium tool kit and you can't have a premium charger to charge your premium batteries?

• Like 2

Does anyone know if the rapid charger will fit sideways in the Ridgid 22.in pro organizer toolbox?
I've heard that the charger is abit smaler then the orginal to fit sideways in the HD box, so if it fits in the ridgid then i will buy it, or else i don't rly like to charge batteries to fast.

Rapid charger (per Home Depot website) is smaller.

Here are specs for rapid charger:

DIMENSIONS
Product Depth (in.) 
Product Width (in.) 
Product Height (in.) 

Here are specs for regular (not rapid) charger:

DIMENSIONS
Product Depth (in.) 
Product Width (in.) 
Product Height (in.) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just looked at the hammerdrill impact driver M18 Fuel kit and it appears to me that it still has the standard multi-volt charger, not the rapid charger.

http://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwaukee-2897-22-m18-fuel-18v-cordless-lithium-ion-1-2-in--hammer-drill-and-1-4-in--hex-impact-driver-kit/miln2897-22,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=milwaukee-cordless-combo-kits&prefn1=series&prefv1=FUEL

48-59-1812 is the standard charger, 48-59-1808 is the rapid charger