Veto propac too expensive in the U.K WHY???????????????

wayneburgess

Hi Folks,

We all know about exchange rates e.t.c and how a quid ( English pound) usually works out to the U.S dollar.

So why does a Veto Propac bag that is $170 dollars cost £170 U.K pounds to buy over here?????

Take into account the exchange rate and someone is making a bundle of cash somewhere on this product.

• 1 year later...

It is just so well constructed.

I have killed every tool bag I have ever owned in a month or two, this thing is like brand spanking new after the same amount of time, and showing no sign of wear whatsoever and that's in England folks where it is not exactly known for nice weather lets be honest. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the veto xxl open tote bag for the last few years and have finally phased it out, nothing to do with the quality or performance just I filled the thing up so much it literally weighed as much as me! So with a heavy heart it's been retired for a peli case with wheels and less room to fill with duplicates and triplicates lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm also in the U.K.

Have you seen the prices being asked for the backpack model?

Much more and it would be worth flying to the U.S.A and walking in there and buying one yourself then flying back.

A bit more expensive than in the U.S is o.k but treble and more what the guys pay over there is just not gunna happen.

Veto need to have outlets that are answerable to them over here.

• 1 year later...

The veto is a great bag and over its life is worth the money

Yes they are expensive , and every one sells them and the book price so I presume that it's VETO who make up the price

I got stitched up big style a month ago bringing in a 20 quid item from the states , Royal Mail charged me 11.17 , inport tax and there handling fee , I won't be doing that again !

On the face of it they do look expensive , and TBH I've never used a bag for so long , when I look at old tool bags/boxes I still have , I've spent more on them then on the vetos

The guys in the states do get great prices on stuff. It's rip off Britain , it's the same for locks what I pay in pounds mates in the US pay in dollars , it's the UK govt that are making all the money not the tool shops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk