looking to upgrade into a new tool brand any ideas?

youngcarpenter

27 minutes ago, youngcarpenter said:

I was looking at gettng the DCS361 and i was debating on if I would rather have the amp that a corded saw can get or the mobility of a cordless. Does the DCS361 come in a kit or is it only a bare tool because I have more then enough batteries but if it comes with 5.0 Ah it might be worth it to invest

You can get yet as tool only dude!

I did it works great i love it but I also received the 12v Rigid drill/driver and impact driver set. I wanted to see if there were any rigid users out there that had some insight if the 18v Rigid line is worth the invest. 

Don't think I have heard any bad things about the 12v ridgid. I know shop built on YouTube uses them in his vids.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, youngcarpenter said:

I was looking at gettng the DCS361 and i was debating on if I would rather have the amp that a corded saw can get or the mobility of a cordless. Does the DCS361 come in a kit or is it only a bare tool because I have more then enough batteries but if it comes with 5.0 Ah it might be worth it to invest

I have on of the most powerful saws you can buy and like I said, I pick up this instead 9 out of 10 times. The convenience alone is worth the price even if the saw wasn't as good as it is. It has plenty of power to cut a PT2x8 with a good blade relatively quickly. In kit it comes with a 4.0ah battery. Personally I'd buy it bare tool ($319) and invest in a 2 pack of 5ah batteries instead. ($144 right now, will be cheaper on sale if you can wait but still a good value) Until you grow your line, that's a good bit of firepower for a single person.