Hybrid Hammer Impact Driver

JimboS1ice

6 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Makita-XPT03Z-18V-LXT-Lithium-Ion-Hybrid-Impact-Hammer-Driver-Drill-Bare-Tool-/172218477693?hash=item2819056c7d:g:Tr8AAOSwdG9XRPIg

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 7.49.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-24 at 7.49.18 PM.png

Thought this thing is pretty cool... found this on eBay hybrid impact driver with hammer feature

Hey Jimbo, you find the best stuff. If it were only in their 12v line. I'd think about it. A bit pricey but with nice stats. I like the 5-1 Bosch would like to see that one too, and the Metabo one as well. Funny how these tool companies are coming out with these multi tools that replace a number of tools. Maybe not to the best in anyone area but easier to throw in a bag rather then 4-5 separate tools. You would think they are cutting their own throats by doing that. 

Bosch has jumped on the Festool bandwagon with this one and truthfully upped the ante by adding a rotary addition to it. My T18 and CXS are equipped with the righ angle and centrotec chucks as well as the Jacobs and the T18 has an eccentric chuck which allows you to set the drill on its side and drive screws an 1/8" of an inch from the drawer bottom. I'm really looking forward to seeing Bosch introduce this awesome tool here in the USA. That Makita gun has been out for years and I still don't know anyone who has one. That is the lowest price I've seen it in the last five years that I've known about it. Nice find Jimbo, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

• Like 1

Thats actually an old model. 

Theres a newer, stronger more compact brushless version out since 2 years [emoji4]

Hmmm, very interesting, must be a more industrial line of tool that you don't really see it.... Ever lol

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dont think Makita USA ever sold it. Ill make a few pictures and post em when i get home from work.

The newer brushless model is very good. It adds an electronic clutch in screwdriver mode and a 3 stage power selector in impact driver mode. 

Drilling and Hammer drilling modes have the 2 mechanicals gears of course :)

• Like 1

Well Festool did this with the Ti15....sort of. It's an impact driver with a lock out ring you can add to allow the tool to be used as a drill. They got a lot of flack about the gun but is is actually a very capable 15v impactor but as a drill it's being tasked with two much. No gear box just an adjustable speed selector. I've had mine for quite a while and love it as an impactor and it does okay as a drill but it is limited by the size when you add the coupling ring and the centrotec or a Jacobs chuck (I tend to borrow my T18s Jacobs chuck but it's easier to use the Ti15 for what it is really designed to do....be a lightweight brushless impact driver. It does just great in this task. Leave the drilling to my T18 or CXS. I think Makita has been plagued by this same issue and @BK13 said it best.....why on Earth have ONE tool when you can have four? ;)  Sometimes when it comes to power tools there are only two that I can really think of that accomplish the multi use function and are great at it....the Table Saw (tons of jigs) and of course....the absolute Jack of All Trades and MASTER OF ALL TRADES....the router.  It really is amazing that the Makita machine has been out for so long but it's is not readily seen in shops or work sites.  And as far as Festools Ti15, they stopped making it last year. It's a darn shame too, it's a great impactor. And coupled with the fact that like all cordless Festools you can use the battery pack it was maximized for and any battery pack of lower voltage. This one uses 15v and 12v batteries. And their batteries are awesome. I'd love to see this Makita first hand but cannot see spending my money on it as I have all the bases covered.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kornomaniac said:

Dont think Makita USA ever sold it. Ill make a few pictures and post em when i get home from work.

The newer brushless model is very good. It adds an electronic clutch in screwdriver mode and a 3 stage power selector in impact driver mode. 

Drilling and Hammer drilling modes have the 2 mechanicals gears of course :)

Do you think that'll ever make its way here @kornomaniac?

Doubt it :D   Not really a tool sold alot. i I dont think i Sell more then 1 of those yearly. Too expensive :)

a hammerdrill driver/impact combo kit is alot cheaper. Thats what most people buy.

Its a specialty tool.  Very versatile buy also expensive !

• 2 months later...