Upcoming drill & impact driver comparison - OTT

dwain

Another new feature on the Bosch I would like to see tested is electronic clutch. Instead of a mechanical clutch that just keeps clicking when the selected torque setting is reached, the new Bosch immediately stops the drill so you wont hear any clicking when the screw has reached the selected torque. This reduces clutch and and drill wear and you won't hear the annoying clicking noise.

Does any of the other models in the review have an electronic clutch too?

This German review (with English subtitles if you turn it on) is comparing the new Bosch GSR 18 V-EC 2016 to the previous Bosch GSR 18 V-EC. He demonstrates the new electronic clutch @5:05

[/url]  

He also demonstrates the KickBack Control @3:45

Dewalts dcd 995 and 996 have an e clutch that does that, I love it

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just now, PH1 said:

Another new feature on the Bosch I would like to see tested is electronic clutch.

I'll see if I can check it before I post. The testing is all done now, so you're a little late to the party unfortunately.

• Like 2

Thanks for the answer. But not on their compact brushless models DCD 790, 791, 795 and/or 796?

You know I can't honestly remember, maybe but I don't think I've clutched out the 791, I'll look into it and let you now, maybe it does but I do know it's not as good of a clutch as the 995/996

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...