Gen 2 Drill Fight! Milwaukee v Dewalt

JimboS1ice

Milwaukee 110%. After getting this Milwaukee drill and driver FUEL set a few months ago I don't think I could go back to anything else ...unless another competitor really released something remarkable. Although the fit and finish on a $400 drill and driver could be better.

• Like 2

Best video thus far Jimbo. Great job. Naturally I like my yellow tools and I'm really impressed with what yellow has done. Kudos to big red too, those are hard tests for any cordless tool and they seemed to pretty well too.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Best video thus far Jimbo. Great job. Naturally I like my yellow tools and I'm really impressed with what yellow has done. Kudos to big red too, those are hard tests for any cordless tool and they seemed to pretty well too.

Absolutely.

Just recently watched the video, thanks for going along with the suggestions!

One thing i meant to ask about specifically is the chucks on the dewalt. I still have an older xrp drill that when I put my hex shank bit of whatever it is, I hold the chuck while I hit the trigger to tighten the jaws on the flats of the driver bit, and the jaws stay still and don't turn with the drill as they tighten down. I couldn't tell from the video, but does dewalt still do that? It's my biggest complaint on the Milwaukee chucks that I was spoiled by on the dewalt

Yeah I heard it that thing is bad ass I really like that dewalt  is made in USA I really wish they would make a brushless  sawzall  and circular  saw

A lot of guys do, that hurts their line compared to Milwaukee and now Makita, but remember the disclaimer, made in the USA with global materials

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I first got my DeWalt I thought it was defective because  I wasn't used to the electronic clutch, I thought it was just always stalling.

I love the dewalts e-clutch, makes that drill so much better

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

I love the dewalts e-clutch, makes that drill so much better

Jimbo

Yeah, I didn't know what was going on and so it poses me off and made me go buy the screwgun because I thought the drill wasn't able to hang sheetrock.

Yeah, I didn't know what was going on and so it poses me off and made me go buy the screwgun because I thought the drill wasn't able to hang sheetrock.

I haven't thought about a drill for Sheetrock since I got my screw gun

Jimbo

9 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

I haven't thought about a drill for Sheetrock since I got my screw gun

Jimbo

I still haven't used mine yet. It's coming but still nothing yet. Great gun though, feels awesome and drives screws super quick. I'm going to get the strip holder as when I do the living room it's going to go oh so quickly!

• Like 1

So there was a bit lost in translation trying to explain what i meant about the chucks but I decided to make a short clip of the difference between the older dewalt and newer Milwaukee drills.... anyone else does this?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

So there was a bit lost in translation trying to explain what i meant about the chucks but I decided to make a short clip of the difference between the older dewalt and newer Milwaukee drills.... anyone else does this?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I wish the 996 did that, haven't seen any newer drills have that style of chuck, seems much nicer than the rotating but maybe it doesn't hang on to bits as tight??

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk