Car Tool Kit

DaveJr.

Realistically, cell phone (and one of those USB charger battery thingies) and AAA memberships. First aid kit, jerky, emergency blanket, jerky, water, jerky.

Also, some jerky.

• Like 2

Might want to put a backup battery for recharging your cell phone. A jumpstart pack should be standard in every car kit but the cost is hard to swallow.

Here's what I have:

-Screwdrivers

-Multimeter

-Dead blow hammer(A must if your car has alloy wheels)

-Pliers of different types

-Locking pliers

-Adjustable wrenches/pliers wrenches

-Flashlight

-Regular GPS(for when your cell doesn't have signal)

-Knife

-Bungee cords

-Gloves

I really have a bunch of other stuff but it's just because I carry my tool bag in my car. The only thing I'm missing is a larger socket set, I only have a 1/4" socket set.

Gentlemen ......

this is the exact reason why a smart car is not all that smart .....NO ROOM FOR GUY CRAP !!!

hey.....

get a big truck and carry a spare smart car !!!!????

• Like 5

Gentlemen ......

this is the exact reason why a smart car is not all that smart .....NO ROOM FOR GUY CRAP !!!

hey.....

get a big truck and carry a spare smart car !!!![emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Is rather have a 4 wheeler

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Everyone should be driving 89 PI crown Vic's with 302s in them and glass packs. No back seat. Instead half of the back section is toolbox and other half is bigass integrated cooler. Drove a gutted 300$ one for a while without a hood and straight piped (aka mufflers rusted through and fell off) Huge POS and had a lot of issues but when you slid that thing around corners or broke 100 mph on gravel you knew what love felt like. Anybody who has driven one knows that they have the most comfortable front bench seat ever. I mean ever. Slept in that thing more than all my other cars combined. 

• Like 2

AAA membership card = priceless  they come do it all for you just in case.  More stuff in your vehicle means more things to get stolen/keep track of. I got better things to do than file useless police reports and deal with insurance companies

Now if we are going on say an extended road trip or camping or something then yes I do always bring some stuff. If I still lived out in the country as well,but since i live in town its not an issue really.  

Maybe im more biased right now because someone rifled thru our cars a couple nights ago in our own driveway. I always tell my wife dont leave things of value in your car,thankfully she listened we did not lose anything other than piece of mind. Even thou we live in a decent neighborhood hoodrats as I call them are everywhere.

2 hours ago, Fazzman said:

AAA membership card = priceless  they come do it all for you just in case.  More stuff in your vehicle means more things to get stolen/keep track of. I got better things to do than file useless police reports and deal with insurance companies

Now if we are going on say an extended road trip or camping or something then yes I do always bring some stuff. If I still lived out in the country as well,but since i live in town its not an issue really.  

Maybe im more biased right now because someone rifled thru our cars a couple nights ago in our own driveway. I always tell my wife dont leave things of value in your car,thankfully she listened wee did not lose anything other than piece of mind. Even thou we live in a decent neighborhood hoodrats as I call them are everywhere.

I store some of my tools in the dead space of the spare tire compartment, those I don't worry about at all.

...but I really do worry about my tool bag, it only has about $1500 worth of tools in it. If they stole my car I'd be more upset about losing the tool bag than my car, TBH.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

I store some of my tools in the dead space of the spare tire compartment, those I don't worry about at all.

...but I really do worry about my tool bag, it only has about $1500 worth of tools in it. If they stole my car I'd be more upset about losing the tool bag than my car, TBH.

Yeah dude for sure,me too. Ive had tools stolen in the past and its never cool. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fazzman said:

Maybe im more biased right now because someone rifled thru our cars a couple nights ago in our own driveway. I always tell my wife dont leave things of value in your car,thankfully she listened we did not lose anything other than piece of mind. Even thou we live in a decent neighborhood hoodrats as I call them are everywhere.

Fazz... I hear ya ! 

Just seems every few months cars in my neighborhood are "gone thru".... At least, they are unlocked .... My wife and I make it a nightly habit to lock vehicles and make sure all doors are locked .... It sucks , but these are the times we live in ..... really irritating 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Foneguy said:

Fazz... I hear ya ! 

Just seems every few months cars in my neighborhood are "gone thru".... At least, they are unlocked .... My wife and I make it a nightly habit to lock vehicles and make sure all doors are locked .... It sucks , but these are the times we live in ..... really irritating 

Yeah I always lock mine for sure,the other night my wife had to work really late and she drove my car,so to be honest I have no idea if it was fully locked but nothing was missing or at least nothing I care about seems to be missing.

My cars windows are also tinted really dark so perhaps they thought i had some goods in there. just stock stereo and such so goof on them  ;)

I do this thing where I don't wash my car so it looks like crap. Theft deterrent, it makes me look poorer than I am! In reality, it's just because every time I wash my car it rains, pollen falls, the birds start dropping bombs or it's lovebug season. 

• Like 2

I do the same Brian,cant remember last time i washed a vehicle of ours,and if you opened up my wifes car its like a friggin' dump in there,I wont even getin that nasty thing,I cringe anytime i gotta lookin there. Guess thats my karma forbeingmarried to someone in their 20's. 

Out here in Cali I see people washing cars all the time,and only thing i can think is it must be nice to have nothing better to do.

• Like 4

I do the same Brian,cant remember last time i washed a vehicle of ours,and if you opened up my wifes car its like a friggin' dump in there,I wont even getin that nasty thing,I cringe anytime i gotta lookin there. Guess thats my karma forbeingmarried to someone in their 20's. 

Oh man you too!? Yeah I get after her all the time about keeping a bag in the van to throw stuff in right away, how hard can it be to do that

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bigmikez said:

I thought it was only my wife that did this lol!

I thought the same,until seeing this. Dang dudes,we gotta get a group together on this. lol.

13 hours ago, Foneguy said:

I like my truck clean, but I can't find the time to detail it .......

I like the inside clean,outside whatevs for me.

• Like 2

That's me perfectly, I will yell at you if you leave a plastic bottle in my car. My dash is a little dusty but there aren't any papers or bottles in my car, I don't eat in my car. I don't find it that difficult to throw away a bottle after I use it, literally every store has a garbage can outside by the entrance.

Every girl I know has plastic water bottles everywhere and a trunk filled with clothes and shopping bags. I think it's their ploy for never driving anywhere, little do they know that even if their car was clean I wouldn't let them drive because most are terrible drivers.

• Like 3

That's me perfectly, I will yell at you if you leave a plastic bottle in my car. My dash is a little dusty but there aren't any papers or bottles in my car, I don't eat in my car. I don't find it that difficult to throw away a bottle after I use it, literally every store has a garbage can outside by the entrance.

Every girl I know has plastic water bottles everywhere and a trunk filled with clothes and shopping bags. I think it's their ploy for never driving anywhere, little do they know that even if their car was clean I wouldn't let them drive because most are terrible drivers.

Haha oh boy yeah I wish I could just yell at my wife and the planets would align and she does an about face on her habit, but i think what works best is when something needs looked at in the van, I won't touch it till she cleans up, so basically positive reinforcement is what keeps the peace.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Fazzman said:

My wife amazingly cleaned up the inside of her van today. because she wanted to take the recycles in lol. i thought hell was gonna freeze over.

LOL! Fazzman!! I cleaned out the inside of my truck yesterday after work and didn't even go near the wifeys car...... I could tell she was nervous though lol I always throw a fit when I open her car doors!!!

• Like 3

My wife amazingly cleaned up the inside of her van today. because she wanted to take the recycles in lol. i thought hell was gonna freeze over.

Yup I can usually count on the van to be pretty clean when I see the recycling taken in ha

LOL! Fazzman!! I cleaned out the inside of my truck yesterday after work and didn't even go near the wifeys car...... I could tell she was nervous though lol I always throw a fit when I open her car doors!!!

Copy that man, they just don't get it, and I don't get her reasoning (it's an excuse really)

• Like 2