Hilti leaving Home Depot.

PutnamEco

I recently put a bid in on e bay for a hilti site drill I was so happy to be out bid after Hilti informed me the drill that still had six months warranty would cost wait for it £170 to have serviced.

This is as much as the drill was going to cost me.

NO CHANCE HILTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recently put a bid in on e bay for a hilti site drill I was so happy to be out bid after Hilti informed me the drill that still had six months warranty would cost wait for it £170 to have serviced.

This is as much as the drill was going to cost me.

NO CHANCE HILTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, you guys get a raw deal over there from Hilti, here in the states they have a percentage limit on the price of parts and repair on tools. Here there is no such thing as having a Hilti tool that is not worth repairing.

http://www.hilti.com...en&nodeId=-8728

The best place to find Hilti is in pawn shops about a week after a big construction job in the area finishes up.

I wish I had pawn shops like that around here, Most of the tools available are either Ryobi/Black& Decker quality or name brands that are well past their useful lifespan with a price tag of 85% of retail. The only thing that I ever come across that is anything even remotely worth purchasing are vintage tools that people are clueless about. Pawn Shops and Flea Markets are much better in more affluent areas.

• 2 years later...

The best place to find Hilti is in pawn shops about a week after a big construction job in the area finishes up.

Yeah, we really don't have pawn shops in my area but I did visit one in South Carolina a few years back and noticed that they wanted top dollar for worn out power tools. YMMV..