Daredevil holesaw

JimboS1ice

I know bosch makes some pretty good saws and blades,Id love to see you do a holesaw shootout one day with my favorite Lenox Holesaws.  The L;enox set I have is really beefy man,itcan hog thjru some stuff like butter.     Jim you are doing great videos,thanks again for sharing.

Lenox has many different kit configurations.here is the set i have the 17 piece general purpose kit,all the exterior doors on our house are wood and steel sheathed. these things cut out the holes for the locksets in no time and with my plain jane PC drill.  

http://www.amazon.com/Lenox-Tools-308201200G-General-Purpose-Bi-Metal/dp/B0000224TK?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fazzman said:

I know bosch makes some pretty good saws and blades,Id love to see you do a holesaw shootout one day with my favorite Lenox Holesaws.  The L;enox set I have is really beefy man,itcan hog thjru some stuff like butter.     Jim you are doing great videos,thanks again for sharing.

Lenox has many different kit configurations.here is the set i have the 17 piece general purpose kit,all the exterior doors on our house are wood and steel sheathed. these things cut out the holes for the locksets in notime and with my plain jane PC drill.  

http://www.amazon.com/Lenox-Tools-308201200G-General-Purpose-Bi-Metal/dp/B0000224TK?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I've heard nothing but good things about Lenox hole saws. That's a great kit . 

• Like 1

I am sure it is a great video, I haven't seen a bad one from Jimbo! However, I can't see it on Tapatalk...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yeah Tapatalk messes up a lot of different links and videos, annoying as all get out...

Well thanks for giving them a test run, that arbor was just destined to fail I'm afraid.... The saw dust just wasn't able to clear out either, not wide enough kerf to clear the dust oit

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lenox has many different kit configurations.here is the set i have the 17 piece general purpose kit,all the exterior doors on our house are wood and steel sheathed. these things cut out the holes for the locksets in notime and with my plain jane PC drill.  

Yep, love the Lenox for the nail embedded wood or sheet metal. I love the Milwaukee big hawg hole saws for straight wood.

• Like 1

Nice video was really surprised on this one. I thought they would be a little better than that. I use Milwaukee bi metal I don't have a set but only a few that I use I think I even have two arbors that I like with the two locking pins.

From a fan of tools with lots of assistance from Siri #TIACREW

29 minutes ago, tonylandin said:

Nice video was really surprised on this one. I thought they would be a little better than that. I use Milwaukee bi metal I don't have a set but only a few that I use I think I even have two arbors that I like with the two locking pins.

From a fan of tools with lots of assistance from Siri #TIACREW

yea the arbor on the milwaukees is actually quite nicer that the bosch,wasn't a fan of the way they lock to the arbor

Thanks Jimbo, now I don't have to find out the hard way if these are good or not. So from the looks of it, Lenox is the way to go I guess?

Lennox, Diablo, Bosch carbide, Milwaukee hawg

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dano123 said:

Glad I was able to watch this, those are garbage! I would leave it in the board, its not worth the effort to remove it...

I'd take those POSs back to the store. Lowe's would take it back no problem, HD would probably fight you...until you show them the broken piece.

You could cut the wood on either side of the holesaw and bring them the holesaw stuck in the wood, haha.

• Like 2

I'd take those POSs back to the store. Lowe's would take it back no problem, HD would probably fight you...until you show them the broken piece.

You could cut the wood on either side of the holesaw and bring them the holesaw stuck in the wood, haha.

I drilled some relief holes around it, brought them back this morning they didn't fight me either

Jimbo

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

I drilled some relief holes around it, brought them back this morning they didn't fight me either

Jimbo

Awesome!

Though it would have been pretty funny to periscope the reaction when you hand them a block of wood with the holesaw stuck in it.

• Like 1

Awesome!

Though it would have been pretty funny to periscope the reaction when you hand them a block of wood with the holesaw stuck in it.

It was funny too my phone ran out of memory right before it got stuck, it's like it knew

Jimbo

• Like 4

On 5/31/2016 at 10:19 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

I love the Milwaukee big hawg hole saws for straight wood.

I'm with you on the Big Hawgs - nothing beats them or similar for larger holes in framing. I've also been using some Lenox One-Tooth ones that I got cheap off of Ebay recently. They're kind of crazy-aggressive, with just the one tooth, but no problem handling them in my M18 Hole Hawg. I despise bi-metal type hole saws.

• Like 1