DeWalt Phone

RickyMcGrath

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, me too Knarly. It took 2 years for Apple to get most of the tech that my Turbo has. Aside from it's ability to mesh with One Key, of course...     >:(     :D

Actually, I ended up sending several hundred dollars worth of M18 tools back to the various retailers I bought them from. Every last one. I was finally at peace with the One Key fiasco, when the damned hammer drill up and stopped working completely. Waiting on my new Dewalt set, should be here next week. I'll wait before I buy a circ saw and recip, hopefully get brushless models coming out soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

What is the appeal to this? Probably easier to get a cutting edge phone and keeping it longer. Stick it in an otter box or pelican or whatever you want: boom. Instantly Guaranteed Tough (tm) without paying SBD the licensing fee for the use of the Dewalt name.

The appeal would be not having to use the case, obviously. Cases add extra bulk that nobody wants. 

That said, what will keep me from buying is the fact that specialty phones never receive much in the way of future updates. They're abandoned from software upgrades before they even leave the assembly line. 

The only phones that get proper updates are flagship popular phones, and even then the network providers (Verizon, AT&T, etc) cause further slow downs. Before long Google will have their own network and cut out these bullshit providers to bring us instant updates like the Nexus line of phones/tablets. 

18 hours ago, Bremon said:

Lol so the pro is no case, the con is the phone is subpar. Pretty easy decision. Especially since the case market is so saturated you can have anything from bareback to indestructible and everything in between. 

The phone isn't subpar...the software support is. You may as well plan on keeping whatever software it ships with is what I'm saying. 

Hardware and features are solid. If you cycle phones every two years anyway, it doesn't matter, this is a good phone choice. But if you keep your phone beyond that, it'll be less and less secure as time goes on missing vital security updates. 

• Like 1