#worldsfirst

Kenneth Denmark

maybe the date gives a hint... June 21... because they are moving all the way up to 21volt max!! 

Yeah cause 20 s not enough so they turned it up a notch to 21 spinal tap style I like it can't wait. Lol

From a fan of tools with lots of assistance from Siri #TIACREW

Too bad it's only 18

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They have a lot of tools in that video, some of them if cordless would be unbelievable (table saw alone with the light was a "heyyyyyyyy" moment.) This points to a new battery system and expansion, whatever it is...it's not 20v. 

I can confirm from the D handle shown that it is for sure the stud and joist drill (compared it to the leaked ebay images, it's a 100% match no question), which we know matches up to the giant batteries that were leaked as well. The confusing part is all the 120v rumors come to a screeching halt here, as the stud drill only had a single battery receiver, so even if some tools will have 120v, not all of them will (60v).

I'm definitely intrigued and I pray it's not a letdown.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rtorres092382 said:

I'm with the majority in thinking that we'll see a cordless table saw but I wonder what the possibility is that we will also see additions to the 20v line as well. 

This would no doubt be part of the normal event, but not the grand world's first announcement. 

It'll be like a Billy Mays commercial, "...but what, THERE'S MORE!" 

• Like 1

let me help you guys out a little bit with "personal thoughts" and speculation

there might be a major influence from Europe

now if it was cordless it would be ah and volts

so do away with the 20v max thing, temporarilly

also keep in mind there is soon a major dewalt event in BARCELONA (VIP) Europe !

I want to be careful with my wording !!!!

if it is a cordless "thing" look at 3x 18V = 54V (this also is a bit inline with rumors USA 20V max x 3 = 60 and my math says that is 120V

as many of you write here)

also important for me would be "compatible"

wow, just think 54V switchable to 3x 18V

also I would initially also launch more than one tool !!!!!!!!!!!!

... wait and see!

cheers

52 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Worlds first? Dewalt worries about Dewalt and not what other tool companies are doing... #bealeadernotafollower

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what makes this very interesting. I don't know how this will play out, and with grumpy giving just enough hints to drive us all batshit...but if I'm reading his hints correctly jimbo has it right, the new platform will have a switchable battery which can volt down and keep ah up to compete above 5ah with an innovative form factor. 

It's a interesting thought for sure, and would allow 3 different theoretical levels of functionality. 120v 60x2 (us) for high power tools, 60v for a normal tool line, and 20v x3 Ah batteries. 

Other than a dedicated charger, it's an affordable long run solution to the scale issue of voltage. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

This is what makes this very interesting. I don't know how this will play out, and with grumpy giving just enough hints to drive us all batshit...but if I'm reading his hints correctly jimbo has it right, the new platform will have a switchable battery which can volt down and keep ah up to compete above 5ah with an innovative form factor. 

It's a interesting thought for sure, and would allow 3 different theoretical levels of functionality. 120v 60x2 (us) for high power tools, 60v for a normal tool line, and 20v x3 Ah batteries. 

Other than a dedicated charger, it's an affordable long run solution to the scale issue of voltage. 

I am not giving anybody hints, that would mean I am in the know at DeWALT. I just happen to have some training and experience dealing with small generators, 6, 12 and 24 volt automotive, agricultural and construction equipment electrical systems. You really want to have fun try working with an ancient Mack with a 12 volt positive ground system...

I think y'all ought to calm down and not worry so much, whatever the heck it is will be out in a few weeks. Chances are good a lot of people will be disappointed because the 7/9" grinder, cordless table saw, battery powered power supply, 40 volt contractor tools, etc. just wasn't what you were hoping for. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grumpy MSG said:

I am not giving anybody hints, that would mean I am in the know at DeWALT. I just happen to have some training and experience dealing with small generators, 6, 12 and 24 volt automotive, agricultural and construction equipment electrical systems. You really want to have fun try working with an ancient Mack with a 12 volt positive ground system...

I think y'all ought to calm down and not worry so much, whatever the heck it is will be out in a few weeks. Chances are good a lot of people will be disappointed because the 7/9" grinder, cordless table saw, battery powered power supply, 40 volt contractor tools, etc. just wasn't what you were hoping for. 

Based on multiple things you've mentioned past and present, I thought you were affiliated with Dewalt. "I want to be careful with my wording!!!" is not something people who don't know anything typically say. What would you have to fear otherwise?