14.4V at Home Depot

jeffmcmillan

They might have sold some 14.4 tools for a short period of time back in the day. 14.4 or 16v max as some companies call it was popular for a minute back in the day. Not everything has pretty much settled on 12v really 10.8. 18v/20v max and 36v/whatever Dewalt is announcing what ever the voltage is on that.

• 4 weeks later...
Don't think that's supposed to be a US item, I know Dewalt has a 14v line which is really just they 20v max tools in other countries

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 20v max in the UK is the 18v line , the 14.4v is another line but uses the same charger

The 20v max in the UK is the 18v line , the 14.4v is another line but uses the same charger

Yea I know they use them globally, I want to say India out that direction they have a lot of 14.4 and is actually the 18v tool but the 14.4 packs, we don't get slot of middle voltage stateside.

Jimbo

Yea I know they use them globally, I want to say India out that direction they have a lot of 14.4 and is actually the 18v tool but the 14.4 packs, we don't get slot of middle voltage stateside.

Jimbo

Yeah it really is a dead line up as no one buys it in the UK as its it hasn't the power of 18v but is the same size pretty much and if you want compact well you buy the 10.8v don't you

Interesting. Festool did the same thing introducing multiple battery lines. Each battery will power itself and any upper rated tool so the 12v will power 12-18v tools. The 18v won't power a 14.4 (15v) tool. They have since deadlined the 12v tools opting for the 10.8v CXS/TXS lines. I used to have a 14.4v drill and impact and they were nearly the same size as my T18 so I could never figure out why they would go with a lower voltage unit. 

• 1 month later...