Received my replacement M18 Fuel One Key tools

wildroamer

So, I talked at length with a Milwaukee rep regarding my issues with piss-poor connection via One Key to my new 2706 and 2757 hammer drill, and impact driver. I was having incredibly spotty connection to these tools with my Droid Turbo, which incidently has had phenomenal results connecting to and using a huge variety of bluetooth devices. As many know, Motorola is widely known as having the best radios/transmitters/receivers etc in the industry. 

Fast forward to today, having received my new (I hope) tools, I installed fully charged batteries, uninstalled and reinstalled the One Key app, and gave it a whirl. Same. Exact. Issue. Scanning for tools yields no results. When I repeatedly cycled my bluetooth on and off on my phone, eventually I was able to add these tools to my inventory. However, so far I have not been able to connect and actually manipulate settings on these tools. 

At this point, as I have been without a drill and driver for more than a week, I will be reluctantly keeping these to get started on some projects I have put on hold. That said, I will absolutely not be purchasing any more One Key variants of Milwaukee tools in the future. I would advise any considering these to only purchase if you really have no use for the One Key functionality (what a joke!), unless there is a screaming deal that makes them priced similarly to the non-One Key tools.

Disappointing... I was going to wait until the June 8 Milwaukee NPS to see if they come up with any cases to rival the Dewalt Toughsystem series. But frankly, I don't give a rat's ass if they do. They get no more of my money until I'm done fuming... Possibly by the Fall?

I will never be an iPhone guy. Certainly not so I can get some ridiculous, hair-brained idea of a tool-phone connection to work. As for holding out for the Dewalt... Too late. Already took the plunge on Milwaukchink stuff, and my projects will not wait for me to try to return this junk and then wait for the beginning of summer to buy some 'merican-made tools.

I have that problem with my car, my phone is a galaxy 4 and I think it's because it's older. No excuse, just saying your phone is the common link and could be the issue. I never installed the app for my drill.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have zero issues with my one key tools with either my Samsung Galaxy Tab S and my my Samsung Galaxy S4. Heck, I just logged on to the one key app on my phone and it is showing which of the One Key tools I own have the battery installed in them. (and they are showing on the map where the tools are as well.)

I have to believe it is an issue with your phone. I'd suggest asking someone with a different brand phone to see if your tools will connect easily for them.

(BTW) You call it junk when the problem may not be their stuff at all.

• Like 1

A little over a year old. First gen Turbo, not the Turbo II. Lollipop 5.1. Have had zero issues with a multitude of other bluetooth devices. So, while it might be an issue specific to the Droid Turbo, it is not my Droid Turbo that is the problem. Yes, I consider this feature of the newer Milwaukee tools to be junk if they can't get it to work properly across all platforms. You're right, however, when I do eventually upgrade for another 2-yr contract with Verizon, perhaps my issues will disappear. 

The actual usage of the tools has been just fine. Plenty of power, and I am pleased with the feel. I just don't like paying extra for bells and whistles that don't "ding" or "whistle."

I'm simply going to uninstall the app, and pretend I have a regular set of tools. 

The odds of two sets of one key tools not working are pretty unlikely. Have you tried un-installing and re-installing? If you just needed a new drill set and bought the one key for the added coolness won't the retail store take it back and you can buy a non one key product? I have no idea how you talked to the Milwaukee rep but I hope the word "piss poor" and "milwauchink" didn't come out of your mouth because I probably would have hung up. politeness goes a long way. 

• Like 1

I was very polite, as was he. Very nice guy. Did all he could over the phone, then sent me out a new set. I have no problem whatsoever with Milwaukee customer service.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. I understand that it is clearly an issue with connecting from a Droid Turbo. However, MY Droid Turbo works flawlessly with every Bluetooth device I have ever encountered. That leads me to believe it is not an issue with my particular phone, rather with my model of phone. Regardless, sorry if I have offended here, somewhat...

Those who are in the business of looking to be offended, particularly for other parties, I have zero apology for.

I sucks man, my internet was always going down, it was the most frustrating thing, the ISP did a couple things on their end, it worked for a week, then it quit again. I was about pulling my hair out, just so maddening..... turns out whenever my cell phone would connect to my wifi, it would kill the internet to the whole house!! I couldn't believe it! So I deleted my wifi profile on my phone and everything works like normal. My phone worked great on anyone else's wifi just perfect, but a configuration between my phone and my ISP.....? I still have no idea what was going on, biggest mind numbing thing I had to go through....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Screw that, I got a new phone recently and it's doing the same thing!! I'll come home and start to get something to eat, my wife yells from upstairs "turn the wifi off on your phone it stopped working again!" So I disable it and internet starts working again. I put a call into the ISP and they are looking into it, I have to call them back again though. It's pathetic. But very strange and I'm curious to know what they find out ultimately...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk