Need some suggestions

DaveJr.

Long story as short as possible, I am an Assistant Scoutmaster in a Boy Scout troop and every year we have a local camporee in the town our troop is based out of with some other units. My troop is always in charge of building the bonfire and I am put on that with my dad. The other leaders in the troop refer to me as Hephaestus ( Greek God of fire) due to my amazing fires that I build. Last year we made a "Flaming Arrow" to light the fire. A cardboard arrow that we light and sent down a wire into the fire. (Hopefully you guys understood that! ) That work perfectly. Now this year we have to top that and do something even cooler. That is what I need suggestions for. So have at it and let me hear what you think! 

• Like 1

How about going backwards to bare simplicity do a stick and rope on dry leaves and then add to it and keep adding till you have the giant bomb fire

From a fan of tools with lots of assistance from Siri #TIACREW

Not quite picturing it Tony...?

How about dressing up as lady liberty and lighting the pile with the "torch"

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Humm. How crazy did you want to get? A Rubens Tube is really cool. It allows you to see standing waves. Its a physic concept. Easy to make. Some PVC and fittings. You can play a song and see it 'dance' towards the bonfire. Might not be a practical way to light the bonfire but it would be an awesome effect. 

One of many example of 'how to build'

• 2 weeks later...