Urgent Help!!

taylorv1

I was cutting with my bandsaw. 6fe524dd3810a93b58762726c354af5c.jpgI decided to spray some Bostik GlideCote on the blade to reduce friction of the blade and wood, which I regret now, and now my blade won't stay on the "wheels" and the blade keeps popping off. How do I make the blade not slippery? Any suggestions? And the blade I'm using has to be specially ordered, so I can't go get another one at HD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the tension on your wheels if you haven't already. If the tension is okay you might have to clean off or replace the rubber on the wheels after you clean or replace the blade. Try citrus blade cleaner to get that crap off!

Looks like a 14" bandsaw, my Rikon uses 111" blades you'll want to check the blade length but chances are you can get a new cheap blade for about $20. Hope this helps!

• Like 2

I agree with Chris. Mine is only a 12" and it takes 80" I believe. Clean the tires and once they are clean maybe try a scotch Brite to slightly scuff them up? Your saw should have cooling blocks to keep the blade cool.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taylorv1 said:

I am using a 70 1/2" blade. I don't know the capacity size. I'll try it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taylor, what is the make and model of your machine and what do you want to cut with it? I'll find some blades for you.

Do your saw some favors and use wax sticks or dry lube for the blade. That stuff you used isnt exactly the proper type of stuff for it.

I know on some Deltas ive used there is an adjustment not only for tension but also leveling of the blade pulley. When those wear or get misaligned it can cause blade travel issues.

• Like 1