Pulse Driver vs. Impact Driver

Cheng Liu

I am wanting to get the makita impulse driver for the noise factor. I work in my garage and the quieter it is the longer I can work. I work night and being as I have a radio in my ear 40 hours a week I would like to prolong and hearing degradation as long as possible.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Like Rich, I'd like to give the Makita a shot. Jimbo did a video John and the feedback looked horrible. It was quiet though. Rich, I wear hearing protection in the shop now. 25 years of sirens, guns, heavy equipment and radio chirps and I'm still pretty good with my hearing but hearing protection with an impact is important to me. I don't use my impact all that much though. It's mostly pre drill and then driving with my drill.

• Like 2

Same here Chris, unfortunately my teen years were spent at very loud concert venues and that took its toll on my hearing. 35 years of constant gun firing did not help. Even with double hearing protection. Lol

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

• Like 2

The impact is very quiet, almost too quiet sometimes causing you to over torque, definitely doesn't lack in power that's for sure, there is a slight learning curve with it but overall a nice addition to any tool line up.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Like Rich, I'd like to give the Makita a shot. Jimbo did a video John and the feedback looked horrible. It was quiet though. Rich, I wear hearing protection in the shop now. 25 years of sirens, guns, heavy equipment and radio chirps and I'm still pretty good with my hearing but hearing protection with an impact is important to me. I don't use my impact all that much though. It's mostly pre drill and then driving with my drill.

I started wearing hearing protection recently in the shop and wish i had a long time ago. Constant upping and lowering the volume on the portable radio is ridiculous some nights. Dispatcher will whisper but the officers will yell. so frustrating! 

No sure about the ridgid but the makita has 3 power settings to help with over driving.