Ebates

BMack37

So I just posted most of this in the SYW thread then I realized that it might be more beneficial to post a thread:

A friend told me about them a while ago but I never signed up, well he reminded me again and I signed up. Ebates is based on the premise of paying you to use their referral links. They give you $10 for signing up then you earn a few % off of any order, similar to a rewards credit card. So if you use your rewards credit card you get that percentage back plus the percentage from ebates. They either send you a check or paypal. They have a TON of retailers, Amazon, eBay, Sears, Lowe's, Ace, True value, Sam's club/Walmart, Best Buy, Cabela's and more. What you do is go to their site, click their referral link to the site you want to shop at, then shop.

Just yesterday, I made a purchase from Sears: $32 tool, $10 off $20 coupon(surprise points) so now this tool is now $22 but I had a hair more than $22 points. Two-day shipping was free but they offered me slower shipping (about 4 days) for a credit of $1. Then because I used the Ebates referral link, Ebates gave me a little over $2, so I bought a $32 tool for -$3. :D 

Here's my referral link to ebates if you want to sign up: http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=dhoE2D7kDj2x33J03NSSBQ%3D%3D&eeid=28187

Here's a non-referral link as well. http://www.ebates.com/index.htm

Feel free to post your experience(s) with Ebates and/or your referral link. Maybe there are competing sites with other retailers, I'll have to look and read site reviews for that but if you know of any please post.

• Like 4

This is a great site. I have been using them for a little over 6 months and it is great. But unfortunately all the stores I shop from either have no cash back or only a couple percent. But it is still great to get some gas money every 3 months. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveJr. said:

This is a great site. I have been using them for a little over 6 months and it is great. But unfortunately all the stores I shop from either have no cash back or only a couple percent. But it is still great to get some gas money every 3 months. 

It sucks that apparently HD was on Ebates but they stopped. I could have been getting quite a bit if I had signed up earlier and they were still offering cash back. Sears is probably going to be my honeypot, possibly eBay and Amazon depending on promotions. 

11 hours ago, BMack37 said:

It sucks that apparently HD was on Ebates but they stopped. I could have been getting quite a bit if I had signed up earlier and they were still offering cash back. Sears is probably going to be my honeypot, possibly eBay and Amazon depending on promotions. 

Same. I buy a lot of stuff on ebay and amazon anyways. And most of the stuff I buy from HD is in store.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Last week I received $19.53

Today only(supposedly) Sears has 14% cash back! Great time to use points! Remember the 14% is on the total, not the cash out of pocket. So if you buy something that is $100 with $100 worth of SYW points and coupons, you will get the $14. You will get PAID to get something for free!

• 7 months later...

Wondering if anyone else joined ebates. I was having trouble remembering to use it but the ebates addon has been helpful. Here are links to the addon: Google chrome addon Firefox addon

It pops up letting you know if there is a percent back. I have a friend that buys a lot of stuff online that is getting checks for several hundred dollars every few months, I'm not doing remotely close to that..but it's something and it doesn't take much effort. It normally buys a hand tool for me every few months but I haven't been buying a lot online. It still gives you $10 for signing up and making your first purchase using their referral link to the site you purchase from.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ballen1114
    Newest Member
    Ballen1114