How to turn a small sports sedan into a HD project vehicle....

JerryNY

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

My S3 wasn't made for HD runs so I decided to help it out a little ;) I made a 2x4 carrier out of four boxes my kitchen crown boards came in and taped them all together and put foam padding to protect the dash. I can get about eight 2x4x8's in there and no worries about scuffing the interior and with the four compartments they slide right in and out. I had twelve boxes of 12x24 wall tile in there as you can see its riding a it low too lol...

• Like 5

Yeah prob should work as long as your A6 has fold down rear seat, standard I think, and space above the armrest to let the box sit on between the front seats. The 6 is obviously significantly bigger so I don't see a problem. They are just four 8 foot boxes, a couple inches longer actually, tapped together to make it easy to slide the lumber in and out and not have to fiddle with blankets that might shift or fall off causing things to get scratched... That being said I bet I can still beat you home. 3.6 0-60 with updated ecu :P

In my Nissan Sentra I can fit a few 12' boards or steel tubing by extending them out the passenger side window by a few feet, to the trunk. Then roll up the window as much as possible, they get locked in very safely. It's an old trick.

What I've been tempted to try is to transport 2x8ft plywood by making a frame, but I'm too nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JerryNY said:

image.jpeg

My S3 wasn't made for HD runs so I decided to help it out a little ;) I made a 2x4 carrier out of four boxes my kitchen crown boards came in and taped them all together and put foam padding to protect the dash. I can get about eight 2x4x8's in there and no worries about scuffing the interior and with the four compartments they slide right in and out. I had twelve boxes of 12x24 wall tile in there as you can see its riding a it low too lol...

Does that wag when you're happy?

• Like 1