Milwaukee 2740-21 Fuel Brad Nailer.....yeah yeah yeah..

ChrisK

Hahahaha....let me guess.......hmmmmmmm........somebody who's willing to throw caution to the wind and have a warranty return!!!!

All kidding aside, it is pretty cool.

At least I wouldn't be surprised this time lol!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Let me add though! The machine is being prematurely judged by me! I have to run some brads, I think this might actually be a decent unit! It's just if team yellow came out with one in the 20v line it'd be better! God knows they have an 18v one! What the heck?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

• Like 3

Hey Chris did I ever tell you I appreciate you not bashing a brand but simply stating your disappointment and keeping a cool head? I mean you have high expectations since you're a festool snob and all ? so it's refreshing not reading blatant profanities or pointless shots at one brand or another(comical shots are fun though) And it's not just because I'm a big Milwaukee fan either. There are brands I've really come to detest but all I'll ever do is offer my experience and disappointment with them and let someone else choose to buy them or not, not going to fly off my handle on a mindless rampage, after all, that energy is reserved for keeping up with my son lol!!

• Like 4

Hey Chris did I ever tell you I appreciate you not bashing a brand but simply stating your disappointment and keeping a cool head? I mean you have high expectations since you're a festool snob and all ? so it's refreshing not reading blatant profanities or pointless shots at one brand or another(comical shots are fun though) And it's not just because I'm a big Milwaukee fan either. There are brands I've really come to detest but all I'll ever do is offer my experience and disappointment with them and let someone else choose to buy them or not, not going to fly off my handle on a mindless rampage, after all, that energy is reserved for keeping up with my son lol!!

Guys like you, ChrisK and the others are what makes this forum great. There is nothing wrong with honest opinions, sharing of experiences and differences of opinions at that. I think it is truthfully because deep down everyone knows Bosch is the best! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Thanks @KnarlyCarl I appreciate that! I really think this thing might do pretty good. I miss my Airstrike but this is certainly a step up! The controls are pretty cool and after shooting the video, my neighbor Guy came over. Had a beer shot the crap and when he left I was packing up all my stuff before my wife came home and the Milwaukee was still powered up and ready to go. Pretty neat.

• Like 3

John, it is heavy but it's not unmanageable at all. My airstrike was pretty heft too. For some reason my Dewalt DCN660 seems to be a little bit lighter but this nailer isn't that bad. I will probably end up selling this one but it really does have some pretty neat features. I am just not vested in the line

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Glasseyi said:

Yeah Chris, I have the Brad nailer and stapler airstrikes and compared to the 15ga finish nailer they are really light lol. I do have a 5.0 battery on there too! but that's all I have. I guess I will be getting a 2.0 real soon. 

I don't have any 2.0s for my Dewalt so I will probably follow suit. I think this Milwaukee is going to work out pretty well. You all know I have an opinion one way or the other but the reviewer that bashed this tool.....well.....he's a tool.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
I recently got the m18 Brad nailer, but just got the bare tool and don't have a case/bag for it. Does anyone know if it would fit in the Milwaukee job site organizer if you removed all the bins and cut out the one divider??

Looking at the two together, it should fit though you'll likely want some foam to keep it from rattling about.

a791a568cb1cd047a5ea0fb51d61d111.jpg

8bbc4d59fa3dbff2d4dd8bedb9e6dbc9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, khariV said:

Looking at the two together, it should fit though you'll likely want some foam to keep it from rattling about.

a791a568cb1cd047a5ea0fb51d61d111.jpg

8bbc4d59fa3dbff2d4dd8bedb9e6dbc9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent. Now if I could just get my sorry local HD to find the 9 it says they have in stock, I'd buy one! Good idea to use some foam.

It fits! Used some foam from an old car seat cushion. Still has room for a long bin to hold packages of brads and 1 small bin for whatever and just enough room to tuck in any xc (3.0, 4.0, or 5.0... maybe 6.0) battery. Don't need a battery this big, but I don't have an extra slim pack. When the box is stood up (carried) it holds it tight and the weight of the tool actually hangs from the bit of divider I left in there. Glad I didn't cut it all the way out. 

IMG_5755.JPG

IMG_5756.JPG

IMG_5757.JPG

IMG_5758.JPG

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Daniel Julian said:

It fits! Used some foam from an old car seat cushion. Still has room for a long bin to hold packages of brads and 1 small bin for whatever and just enough room to tuck in any xc (3.0, 4.0, or 5.0... maybe 6.0) battery. Don't need a battery this big, but I don't have an extra slim pack. When the box is stood up (carried) it holds it tight and the weight of the tool actually hangs from the bit of divider I left in there. Glad I didn't cut it all the way out. 

Just wanted to let you know that I LOL'd at seeing the handwritten "3.0" on the battery--awesome.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A_Milwaukee_Engineer said:

Just wanted to let you know that I LOL'd at seeing the handwritten "3.0" on the battery--awesome.  

Yeah, it bugged me that was the only XC battery that didn't say what ah it was. I accidentally grabbed it one day thinking it was one of my 5.0's.

• Like 1