Oiled or oiless pneumatic nailers?

PutnamEco

Which do you prefer and why?

I prefer oil less for smaller pinners and nailers because there is a good chance I may be finishing directly after fastening the nailed object and I really don't want to take a chance that I may get oil spots which will lead to fish eyes in the finish, on my project.

For larger nailers and staplers I prefer the oil lubricated versions because it is my opinion (I haven't really measured it) that they last longer.

I've never owned an oil- less model. I can see the perks, but like you I believe you'd get a better service life from an oiled model.

Most of the oil less nailer manufacturers claim that they last just as long, I wish their was someone to test this out to find out if it is true.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with the majorty of what has been said. I don't think i would ever buy a oil less framing nailer but I have 2 oil less Senco finish nailer (will check the model number). I have used these for many years and they are still trimming out houses. I have gone though quite a few other oiled and oiless nailers in between but the 2 Senco's kicking.