The Toughsystem Wall Mount You've Been Waiting For

Hugh Jass

1 minute ago, overanalyze said:

That's great! If they price it right it will be a hit. The tough system is a great way to upfit a van or trailer!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

The only thing that bothers me is that they've produced a few items that don't lock onto the rack, so the system isn't really mobile in mind unless you use the cart, which was an oversight IMO. The radio doesn't lock as well as the clear lid multi-compartment organizer...the two things I really want. I'd do like 5 of the organizers and one radio if it did. 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The only thing that bothers me is that they've produced a few items that don't lock onto the rack, so the system isn't really mobile in mind unless you use the cart, which was an oversight IMO. The radio doesn't lock as well as the clear lid multi-compartment organizer...the two things I really want. I'd do like 5 of the organizers and one radio if it did. 

I have the radio just sitting on a ds300 on my rack. Works perfect but creates a problem as in you have to remove to get into your tool box

Just shows you the tough system is really only about 7/10 as far as capability and thoughtful features go. For example there's no real reason the small compartment in the lid of the 150 shouldn't be able to be unscrewed and installed into the 300. 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yes, but it doesn't lock on. Guys with trailers (me) and vans will find it on the floor more often than the rack. 

That's strange. Mine locks on, I've 2 in my van that have never come off the brackets

Appears another oversight on this wall bracket, there is no central ability to lock your toughsystem boxes onto the frame, like you can with a padlock on the trolley.  

I can see you would want some added security, no matter how small if you are storing these in a van overnight or a garage?

8 hours ago, Paul_Delahaye said:

Appears another oversight on this wall bracket, there is no central ability to lock your toughsystem boxes onto the frame, like you can with a padlock on the trolley.  

I can see you would want some added security, no matter how small if you are storing these in a van overnight or a garage?

I'm no expert, but if you can't lock the tops of the boxes they're not secure even if locked to the cart. 

Well damn that's awesome, plan's back on...but the radio is still without mechanical attachment, right? That's where I got the idea these didn't lock...neither have handles to latch like everything else...but I read something that gave me the indication the radio definitely didn't have anything...is that wrong too? 

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2016 at 3:44 PM, Paul_Delahaye said:

shame this new 4 port charger/inverter whilst it locks onto the top of a tough system box, it does not have the mounting rails?

Yea I don't understand Dewalt's thinking about this either. They have Tough system that locks, they have Tough system that doesn't lock, they have T-stak...jeez just pick something universal and go with it. 

Yeah, Dewalt makes good stuff but the devil's in the details and they always seem to miss the nice finishing touches. The ToughSystem could be more flexible and interchangeable than it is, no rafter hook on the new FlexVolt saw, etc. That type of stuff.

• Like 2

yes that's Dewalt in a nutshell Jeff lol.

On another note about tough system opportunities: just thinking about my M18 noise machine, I mean vacuum. It's toolbox shaped/somewhat stackable. I don't believe Dewalt has a vacuum specifically for their tough system but I think a corded/cordless hybrid option would be a fantastic addition to the system. 

• Like 1