Pocket Hose

WigWagWorkshop

Good Day!

So, I was doing a rare thing, and was watching some TV.  I seen a commercial for a product called "Pocket Hose".  We all know that 99.9% of these "As Seen On TV" products are junk.  Has anyone heard anything about this product? Seems to good to be true, but if it did really work, I would buy it lol.

I have seen these for a while now (in the RV world) , just about every one I know seems to rave about it for a week...... Then  BAM !!

some part of it splits, bursts, just plain old fails ......

i personally never had one, so this is my observation only ....

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Foneguy said:

I have seen these for a while now (in the RV world) , just about every one I know seems to rave about it for a week...... Then  BAM !!

some part of it splits, bursts, just plain old fails ......

i personally never had one, so this is my observation only ....

Funny post . Mines in the bed of my truck. It burst for no reason after one season. Not happy.

• Like 2

Our guy at work uses them when he's landscaping...so far I think 4 of them burst: They're shit and I wouldn't use them myself. Good concept, but the same-old-same-old seen-on-tv garbage. The couple that I saw at work looked like there's some kind of plasticky/rubbery type of hose inside and it breaks/splits on a whim. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WigWagWorkshop said:

Thanks all for the replies, I had a feeling this was the case. I really like the concept, has they present it in the commercial, too bad they are not durable. Anyone know if there is a durable version of this hose?

Wigwag, that have a semi flexible hose at lowes that is supposedly very good and I'll be getting one soon. Same price, $30

• Like 1

Wig wag ..... I just suffered through the perils of a new hose purchase .... Oh the hell we bare !!!!!! ......

seriously ,

i just bought a never kink 100' from Lowes. It's easy to coil, and based on my last never kink hose, it will burst right at the end fitting, easy fix. But this is usually after a couple of years. I have never seen a good flexible style hose solution, so I just stick to the old school way, and so far so good .... Good luck !!

• Like 2

Lol pocket hose... Sorry guys my mind went straight to the gutter...

Is that the one that shrinks? I don't think they are very durable

...ugh I gotta leave this thread I'm terrible LOL

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If you do buy one keep the receipt and packaging. They won't even give you store credit if you return it next year as they change the color and minor things to prevent you from doing that. I bought some off brand version at Menards it works but I have no faith in it lasting a long time. It's a convenience item that is expensive for what it is.

2 hours ago, T75R said:

Lol wigwag TIA has a review video on the pocket hose. Check it out

Thank You, did not know that, I know they reviewed the Fat Maxx Hose.  I do remember their review on the "As Seen On TV" flashlight though.

EDIT: Found it - the one I seen on TV had Brass Connections.

On June 25, 2016 at 6:05 PM, WigWagWorkshop said:

Thank You, did not know that, I know they reviewed the Fat Maxx Hose.  I do remember their review on the "As Seen On TV" flashlight though.

EDIT: Found it - the one I seen on TV had Brass Connections.

I can't believe how hard Dan was rubbing Eric's hose like that, it's no wonder it exploded all over him with that kind of action...

• Like 1

The ones I have are the Dap Xhose. I have the blue 25' with plastic connections and the black 50' with brass connections. Again both have worked great for me. I use them all the time with my pressure washer, filling the kids pool, etc.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah the pocket hose brand one is crap. It burst on me after the second use. 

I have been using these over the past 5 years with great success:

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-5-8-in-x-25-ft-heavy-duty/p-07169601000P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

They go on sale fairly often and are very durable and flexible hoses that rarely kink up.

On 7/5/2016 at 1:01 PM, Gas Engineer said:

Yeah the pocket hose brand one is crap. It burst on me after the second use. 

I have been using these over the past 5 years with great success:

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-5-8-in-x-25-ft-heavy-duty/p-07169601000P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

They go on sale fairly often and are very durable and flexible hoses that rarely kink up.

I have used two of the Craftsman 100' hoses for eight years with no problems.  Just bought a 50' for $4 after using points. 

I made a trip to the pharmacy, and they have a "As Seen on TV" section.  They have 3 versions of this hose.  Pocket Hose, Pocket Hose II, and Pocket Hose "Tough Brass II".  The first 2 have cheap plastic connectors, and flimsy feeling hose materials.  They cost $9.99.  Now, the "Tough Brass II" model, feels heavy duty, with brass connectors, and a thicker feeling hose material, and the cost is $19.99.  The wife was asking about it, thus I started this thread.  So I might get the tough brass version, just to do a review. But I am thinking we will ultimately go with the other suggestion of the Craftsman. 

I made a trip to the pharmacy, and they have a "As Seen on TV" section.  They have 3 versions of this hose.  Pocket Hose, Pocket Hose II, and Pocket Hose "Tough Brass II".  The first 2 have cheap plastic connectors, and flimsy feeling hose materials.  They cost $9.99.  Now, the "Tough Brass II" model, feels heavy duty, with brass connectors, and a thicker feeling hose material, and the cost is $19.99.  The wife was asking about it, thus I started this thread.  So I might get the tough brass version, just to do a review. But I am thinking we will ultimately go with the other suggestion of the Craftsman. 

If you have a Menard's near by check out the dap brand. Have them and had no issues. I have one of the plastic and one of the brass ones.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have used one a little bit, and its easy to coil (altho nothing like the add) when you turn on the water it expands then when you turn on the attachent on the end of the hose, it shrinks back, because there isnt any pressure in the hose.. if that makes any sense...