Woot! New Core CGT400 Gasless Powered Trimmer $150

For the next few hours, or until they are all gone, you can get a pretty amazing deal on a pretty powerful cordless string trimmer, hedge trimmer and blower.

I just picked up a Core Gasless String Trimmer off Woot (woot.com daily deal site) today for $150 plus $5 shipping. This is new, not refurbished. It's not exactly what I'm looking for (3 hour charger) and I'm not sure if it will take a brush cutter blade. But for the money, hard to pass up the deal.

On the plus side, it's relatively light at around 10 pounds with battery and trimmer attached. It also spins at a pretty robust 7000rpm in high speed mode (5000 rpm in eco mode). The main thing though is that it's gasless. I've sworn off gas.

Now, if I could figure out how to hack a brushcutter blade and handlebar controller onto it...

If you need a cordless trimmer, blower or hedge trimmer, check it out while they last:

http://tools.woot.com/offers/core-power-lok-kit-and-accessories?ref=ord_cnt_ryo_oc_1_img

9615d5bf-9eaa-4ee8-b0be-a8a9722d7002.png

• Like 1

A few other details. Its an 18volt unit. Has two speeds 5000rpm and 7000rpm

The current Amazon.com price for the Core Unit is $199

The current Amazon.com price for the trimmer head is $127

The Woot deal saves you almost 50% off the Amazon price.

The Power Lok professional landscaping system couples the GasLess Power Drive Unit, which houses the electronic controller, with quick-swapping interchangeable attachments. The electronic controller instantaneously recognizes which attachment has been connected to the Drive Unit and runs the appropriate program. This means there is no difference in power between our dedicated units and the Power Lok system. Each attachment is powered by its own innovative, state-of -the-art CORE motor. CORE motors produce the highest energy factor per pound of any existing motor at a fraction of the size and weight. Power Lok – Engineered for Professionals, Offered to Everyone.

Order just what you need or order the Core Power Kit and get all the items listed below:

CORE GasLess Power CDU400 Power Lok Drive Unit

• Includes drive unit a standard 3 hour charger and one power cell
  • Includes an Intelligent electronic controller that recognizes which attachment has been connected; All attachments are sold separately
  • Reduces operating costs and is virtually maintenance
  • 4 pounds without power cell, 7 pounds with power cell
  • This drive unit connects with the CORE Power Lok trimmer, hedge trimmer and blower attachments; Attachments sold separately
  • User Manual/5 Year Warranty

CPL410 Power Lok Hedge Trimmer Attachment

• Easily connects with CORE Power Lok Drive Unit to create a powerful and convenient trimming system The drive unit, CDU400, is sold separately
  • Features a blade length of 22", 3200 strokes per minute, a protective brush guard, soft-grip handle and an instant trigger start
  • 13 pounds - fully assembled including power cell and drive unit
  • Use with the CORE Quad Power Pak for run time up to 4X of a single power cell

CPL420 Power Lok Blower Attachment

• Easily connects with CORE Power Lok Drive Unit to create a powerful and convenient trimming system The drive unit, CDU400, is sold separately
  • Run time is up to 30 minutes. Features air flow up to 400 cubic feet per minute, blows up to 110 miles per hour, has dual power control for high and low performance, and instant trigger start
  • 12 pounds - fully assembled including power cell and drive unit

CPL400 Power Lok Trimmer Attachment

• Run time is equal to a tank of gas. Features a bump feed head, .095" diameter trimmer line, instant start trigger, dual power control for high and low performance, a flexible soft-grip handle, and an open view grass guard.
  • 11 pounds - fully assembled including power cell and drive unit

Shipping Note: Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes and APO addresses not available for this item

Warranty: 5 Year CORE

• Like 1

I heard about Core a few years ago but they didn't seem to get traction marketing wise. I would worry about long term warranty support the brand might not last very long. I could be wrong but that's a feeling I get.

They've been acquired by MTD. The CORE technology has been incorporated into the Troy-Bilt cordless platform. They have some impressive looking 40v OPE that are built around CORE.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/acquisitions-poise-mtd-to-shape-future-of-outdoor-power-equipment-industry-300026985.html

For $150, I'm not expecting much, but the Amazon reviews look pretty impressive. I'm sure MTD wants to liquidate as many of these non MTD branded CORE tools as possible to consolidate the brand. The Woot sale makes sense in that regard. I almost bought a second one just for security. Would have been another $89 bucks for a second power head, battery and charger. By the time I decided to do it, the sale ended.

The 5 year warranty may/should be handled by MTD I would expect.

• Like 1

Well that sound like a better deal now that they have been acquired by someone with more capital to market and develop it. You probably right about the woot deal as its a way to get rid of the old core branded inventory. I didn't put two and two together about the new MTD Core lawn equipment and Core the landscape company.